Is the bot detection system really that advanced?

Cookie Monstaaa

So, I've been around on the botting scene for numerous years now and in the passed probably pre 2013. I remember on rs2 you could bot for absolute hours and hours and never recieve a ban. Yet fast forward to today and it appears once one account has been banned on an iP the second you use any script or bot (premium or not) it's pretty much an instant ban.

Of course like us all I have been banned for botting before on my current IP address and took time away from the botting scene, I came back made and ironman account. Thought I'd do agility just till 70 as it's very tedious low end of this skill. I ran it maybe for a total of 12 hours nad thankfully a temp ban.

So, it leads me to my question... is the system really advanced? Has anyone made a maxed account recently and never recieved a ban on a fres IP with no human hours played?

This is far from a complaint about bans, more just curiosity

:)!

to be honest my friend, the simple truth is botting for as little as time as possible, and not botting the same skill but botting different skills for different amounts of times is the best way to go. You cannot bot the same skill for more than an hour. Act like a real human, and mix it up. And don't bot heavily botted skills. Doing this you will be way more fluid and undetectable and you can achieve really good accounts.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monstaaa said:

So, I've been around on the botting scene for numerous years now and in the passed probably pre 2013. I remember on rs2 you could bot for absolute hours and hours and never recieve a ban. Yet fast forward to today and it appears once one account has been banned on an iP the second you use any script or bot (premium or not) it's pretty much an instant ban.

Of course like us all I have been banned for botting before on my current IP address and took time away from the botting scene, I came back made and ironman account. Thought I'd do agility just till 70 as it's very tedious low end of this skill. I ran it maybe for a total of 12 hours nad thankfully a temp ban.

So, it leads me to my question... is the system really advanced? Has anyone made a maxed account recently and never recieved a ban on a fres IP with no human hours played?

This is far from a complaint about bans, more just curiosity

:)!

maybe im wrong, but I believe that "faqex"is ruining the RS BLACK MARKET. 

It seems "Botwatch" still relies heavily on reporting bots for the data to provide accurate (based on their post regarding botwatch being active). It's probably something like a system that gathers metrics and based on manual reports or obvious analysis, it then decides 'manually or automatically' if bot or not. There's a lot of speculation and theory crafting on how the system flags an account or how the data for that flagging is gathered. 

It's not a matter of if but when your account would be flagged. Take my latest venture. I've done 99 attack, strength, defence, hp and range in NMZ (8-9 hours daily), I haven't been banned 'yet'.  I think the reason for this is I would likely have not been manually reported and the threshold to maintain the activity is so fucking low, most people afk it and go about their day with some kind of remote desktop tool to check the progress every so often. The potential for any major reward is limited purely to herb boxes - you make fuck all on them anyway. 

Had I have been running a script that potentially has a ton of gold making opportunity and players being able to see me, I think that would reinforce the flag but because I'm 'under the radar' I don't think I would likely be flagged for review. I think there are a lot of variables that make it very difficult to actively say yes or no:

• Accounts maturity
  • Progression of the account
  • When account last did said activity and for how long
  • Type of botting activity
  • Hours botting that activity
  • Script saturation
  • F2P vs P2P
  • Patterns/methods bot uses for its behaviour
  • Method of bot client (mirror vs stealth / injection vs reflection / colour detection / pixel detection)
  • Potential 'bad proxies' for farms
  • Location of connection
  • This random.dat file <
  • Player reports

There are a lot of metrics and things to analyse when you play yourself so put that against a bot and could any of those check a flagging system. 

I don't think it's 'advanced' but could there be some kind of back-end prediction in place that feeds on the data and makes predictions on the character being a bot or not which is then reviewed manually and ban waves happen, sure?

I'll never get the account back but my 99 hunter bot that has 25m experience, is 3k in the world for hunter and relied on cheap free bots has yet to be banned to this day. Yet I've had bans on other accounts for botting hunter who were in their 100s with over 250+ qp. What was the deciding factor in a level 3 with fuck all vs a 100 with a decent account stat build. 

Edited by b0tscape