Question about VNC off a local server that is running a VPN.

FushigiBot

Hello,

I've been working on setting up a small farm running off local servers. The devices I'm using are Raspberry Pi 4's with 4GB RAM. As for the OS, I am not sure if I'll use Windows or plain Raspbian yet. I am having problems getting the official OSRS client to run off ARM Linux, so I'll probably stick to Windows.

I've gotten to the point where I can run scripts off the Bot Manager. My plan is to use Windscribe as a VPN, so as to run 2 bots per IP. However, when I try to connect to the VNC when the VPN is on, I just can't connect. I am not sure what IP should I use (The router's or the DHCP's). I'm using tightvnc.

I'm wondering if there's anybody running a similar setup (local servers + vpns) who can point me in the right direction?

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks.

Edited by xhannyah

Don't use VPN for botting it will end bad :D Get a proxy that is dedicated to you, VPN IPs are shared and it increases ban rate a lot, they can be flagged or while you try to get some gp or stats safely with breaks and smart botting someone on same ip as you can just be running potato picking suicide accounts, when they get banned your accounts will be checked as well and it increases ban possibility a lot.

Though I agree VPN isn't good for botting, I can't recommend proxies as there's no way to tell if they are clean/dedicated or not.

To connect via vnc when on a vpn, you can google "ssh into a server on vpn connection". The issue is packets are routed through the vpn so usually people add iptable rules so you don't route traffic through the vpn when connecting with your own ip.

Thank you both for the suggestions.

I think both VPNs and Proxies suffer from the same thing in that regard, though. If someone is abusing them, they'll monitor your accounts as well. The main difference, I guess, is the availability of proxies.

I managed a workaround. Instead of using the Raspberry Pi's as servers with VPN, I set them up as a Proxy Server by using a different VPN location on each RPi. I'm now running them locally on a Xeon workstation, then routing all traffic through the PIs.