Cheapest VPS for botting

Steven Jay

Well, you could get those free trial credits at many different vps providers as a new customer. You don't need many resources to run 2 accounts. You would need 2 GB of ram and 1 core is probably fine, but if you are constantly maxing the 1 core, many vps providers will be unhappy.

Contabo seems to provide very good value when you run many bots at once. For just 2 bots, though... You will have to look around for a good deal. You would have to google for low end vps. Or you could just go with hetzner which is quite good value, though not quite as good value as contabo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarl said:

Well, you could get those free trial credits at many different vps providers as a new customer. You don't need many resources to run 2 accounts. You would need 2 GB of ram and 1 core is probably fine, but if you are constantly maxing the 1 core, many vps providers will be unhappy.

Contabo seems to provide very good value when you run many bots at once. For just 2 bots, though... You will have to look around for a good deal. You would have to google for low end vps. Or you could just go with hetzner which is quite good value, though not quite as good value as contabo.

Contabo doesn't provide good value thought. Stopped using their services as I had 2 VPS'es which should run like 12 bots, 16GB RAM, 6 cores, but even when running 6-8 after the night I often find that server completely shut down with all the bots. Multiple emails to support haven't yield any progress, just offered to buy a more expensive plan

7 hours ago, Kramnik said:

Contabo doesn't provide good value thought. Stopped using their services as I had 2 VPS'es which should run like 12 bots, 16GB RAM, 6 cores, but even when running 6-8 after the night I often find that server completely shut down with all the bots. Multiple emails to support haven't yield any progress, just offered to buy a more expensive plan

There's various reasons why this could have happened. The most likely reason is memory ballooning. Simply put, they oversell too much ram and there isn't enough ram for everyone. There's so many other possibilities but I couldn't say for sure as I don't use contabo. But compare what you're getting at contabo versus the other guy who advertised his sale thread here. I would say contabo is good value. Maybe you can ask to be swapped to a newer node with epyc cpu and ask them to lift i/o limits. (They do this for free) Or just run a few less bots until you stop shutting down.

If you want even better value, you would have to keep up with the vps market or go with dedicated. But $12 monthly to run 2 bots is a bit too pricy.

Edited by Jarl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Deceiver said:

might be able to find one from lowendbox.com 

I did say to google low end vps, but that's the wrong place to look. That particular site has lots of shitty hosts that close up quick/provide shitty service. You would have to look through those low end forums for better deals/hosts.

That said, you might still get a deal that's too good to be true on lowendbox. The downside could be that the host might disappear anytime. Or something's being oversold really hard. Also, take note that swap ram on openvz virtualization is NOT ram. And that openvz tends to be very oversold and isn't good for running java. (Seems like lowendbox has many openvz offers)

Edited by Jarl

54 minutes ago, Jarl said:

I did say to google low end vps, but that's the wrong place to look. That particular site has lots of shitty hosts that close up quick/provide shitty service. You would have to look through those low end forums for better deals/hosts.

That said, you might still get a deal that's too good to be true on lowendbox. The downside could be that the host might disappear anytime. Or something's being oversold really hard. Also, take note that swap ram on openvz virtualization is NOT ram. And that openvz tends to be very oversold and isn't good for running java. (Seems like lowendbox has many openvz offers)

ah didnt see your post/didnt read the thread first 😛