I want to build a cheap pc for botting osrs ?

yagizbasoglu

I have my main computer but i want to use it freely so im thinking about building a cheap computer via buying parts from mostly aliexpress. I saw lots of xeon cpus. I heard that x3440 cpu is really good when overclocked. What cpu and what amount of rams would you guys recommend. And how many clients i can run with them ? 

20 minutes ago, Nbacon said:

look into Dell precision T3600 on ebay with 8 cores for $150-300.

get one without a graphics card to save money.

I can run 8 mirror-10 and 20 injection

My first choice is to get the cpus from my local sellers since i can get my hands on them easily.  There are so many xeon cpus its hard to find the same one if its not aliexpress or ebay. So how can i decide if a cpu can be an alternative to the one you recommend me (e5-1607 i guess ? ) What do i need to look at while deciding to get the cpu 

It seems having many slow cores and high ram is more beneficial for botting. I would not recommend the x3440. Xeon E5 cpus should be the best option if you want to have LOTS of bots, and more likely than not you're better off getting used prebuilts instead of building your own. Also be warned, if you buy parts from aliexpress, there could be many problems. Eg. fake cpus, unbranded parts and many more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarl said:

It seems having many slow cores and high ram is more beneficial for botting. I would not recommend the x3440. Xeon E5 cpus should be the best option if you want to have LOTS of bots, and more likely than not you're better off getting used prebuilts instead of building your own. Also be warned, if you buy parts from aliexpress, there could be many problems. Eg. fake cpus, unbranded parts and many more

The thing is prebuilt ones are a lot more expensive 

1 hour ago, yagizbasoglu said:

The thing is prebuilt ones are a lot more expensive 

Look at this.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=Dell+T3600+8+core&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Dell+T3600

(We don't know your budget you might want the world but are not willing to pay for it)

3 hours ago, Nbacon said:

Look at this.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=Dell+T3600+8+core&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Dell+T3600

(We don't know your budget you might want the world but are not willing to pay for it)

Dont you think i cant build a better pc from aliexpress for the same price ?

I have a server at home instead of a PC... bin like 3-4 years old now.
HP ProLiant DL160 G6 Server 2x Xeon X5650 Six Core 2.66 GHz, 48 GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1000 GB SATA 7.2K

Costs around 275$. It can run 50 bots without a problem.
Maybe even 75 with low cpu mode and a very simple script running :)

10 bots atm: (Note that teamviewer and Botmanager are running aswell)
f2c11fc9eb3910c318d5cfd199d202a3.png

3 hours ago, Khaleesi said:

I have a server at home instead of a PC... bin like 3-4 years old now.
HP ProLiant DL160 G6 Server 2x Xeon X5650 Six Core 2.66 GHz, 48 GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1000 GB SATA 7.2K

Costs around 275$. It can run 50 bots without a problem.
Maybe even 75 with low cpu mode and a very simple script running :)

10 bots atm: (Note that teamviewer and Botmanager are running aswell)
f2c11fc9eb3910c318d5cfd199d202a3.png

Dont you think i can get the similar performance with dual e5 cpus ? E5-2620 etc.

3 hours ago, yagizbasoglu said:

Yes, But amount of shit that go wrong. Cheep parts that are fire hazards, Fake/rebranded parts that fit but are not as good, parts that take legit months to get to you(covid or not), miss matched parts. No refunds... list could go on. With a pre-built by you get within x day (almost guaranteed )... Its plug and play...most people have a refunds...you know what you are getting... 

Its Botting in the next 2 week for 250 dallars or possibly botting in 1-2 months for 100-150 dallars.

In the end its your money do what ever you want.

10 hours ago, yagizbasoglu said:

Used servers can be pretty cheap as the people who sell them tend to have many of them and just want to get rid of them asap. Sometimes, these servers are are worth their price tag if you only counted the value of the ram. It would be very difficult to build a better pc (for botting runescape) for the same price.

@Nbacon
Afaik only the more expensive parts like cpu/gpu would be fake. They basically change the bios or something so it appears to be the right part on your computer. I doubt there's rebranded parts, but there's many shitty chinese brands out there. They are likely made from parts that failed QC for better brands. (Basically some factory had spare capacity and decided to make some cash on the side) So if you bought some ram for example, sure they are the real deal but they are likely to spoil eventually and you don't get warranty. (There are also decent chinese brands out there that are cheaper and aren't trash, but let's not get into that)

Edited by Jarl
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jarl said:

Used servers can be pretty cheap as the people who sell them tend to have many of them and just want to get rid of them asap. Sometimes, these servers are are worth their price tag if you only counted the value of the ram. It would be very difficult to build a better pc (for botting runescape) for the same price.

@Nbacon
Afaik only the more expensive parts like cpu/gpu would be fake. They basically change the bios or something so it appears to be the right part on your computer. I doubt there's rebranded parts, but there's many shitty chinese brands out there. They are likely made from parts that failed QC for better brands. (Basically some factory had spare capacity and decided to make some cash on the side) So if you bought some ram for example, sure they are the real deal but they are likely to spoil eventually and you don't get warranty. (There are also decent chinese brands out there that are cheaper and aren't trash, but let's not get into that)

Ya excatly most parts that are way cheaper than they should be are reprogrammed BIOS.
Fake parts, "Wish" is very known to cheat with this for GPU's

Used servers are indeed a good way for good performance :) 

8 hours ago, Jarl said:

@Nbacon

1 hour ago, Khaleesi said:

Ya excatly most parts that are way cheaper than they should be are reprogrammed BIOS.
Fake parts, "Wish" is very known to cheat with this for GPU's

Used servers are indeed a good way for good performance :) 

yeah i decided to go with prob 2x 5650 servers. Im trying to find the one which i can use with graphic card . Because i will try to bot on another game too and i like to test the performance .