Security at home

shaston

Hello, friends! Can I ask you for a piece of advice regarding home security system choice? What is better: DIY or professional option? I would like to have a good quality product. I am ready to spend money on that it is really worth it. I was trying to search for different reviews on several companies, but, honestly, they look fake. I have checked the companies website. I liked Ajax. Does anyone here use their products? Are they good? I am looking forward to reading your recommendation! I hope, you will help me.

I use Ring which works very well. However you need a monthly subscription for that. Also, when your internet or 'the cloud' is down, you're fucked and don't get anything. So next time I myself would go for a DIY solution, or from something like a startup company. Because the other companies just fucks you over and over. 

Do you know how to use a gun, lol? I am kidding, of course, even a dog can't protect your house from the robbers if you are out for a long time. I guess people do not stay their dogs alone for weeks. Honestly, I would also rather use some proven products, but I am close to new ones. If we would use only one old but proven product, we would never know about a new modern one. By the way, I have the Ajax system at home. I have chosen a siren, a fire alarm, and a motion sensor included in it. But you can connect more devices there later if you want. I think if the quality is more important than money for you - choose a professional variant.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:12 PM, shaston said:

Hello, friends! Can I ask you for a piece of advice regarding home security system choice? What is better: DIY or professional option? I would like to have a good quality product. I am ready to spend money on that it is really worth it. I was trying to search for different reviews on several companies, but, honestly, they look fake. I have checked the companies website. I liked Ajax. Does anyone here use their products? Are they good? I am looking forward to reading your recommendation! I hope, you will help me.

I’d stick to professionally proven products if I were you