Skills you have vs skills you wanna learn

President

49 minutes ago, Nbacon said:

I like this idea.

Skills you wanna learn: 

• Clojure
    • It just makes me feel dumb
  • Reading to learn. 
    • At the moment I get most of my info from videos and have a hard time following books.
  •  Typing and thinking faster
    • I can type over 100 wpm but I don't think at 100 wpm 

What do you mean with "reading to learn"? As in, how to study more efficiently?

45 minutes ago, President said:

What do you mean with "reading to learn"? As in, how to study more efficiently?

I guess so. The problem I'm getting is as I get further into my schooling there are less and less youtube videos on the subjects. So trying  to get the knowledge out a books  seemed to be the hardest thing I have ever done. I am so used to the videos, watch a few  videos  master the topic compaired to books... I will  read the same chapter 1000 times and still  won't get it. Reading it for the 1001st time won't get me any closer to understanding it.  The only thing I can compair it to that most people will understand  is Stack overflow vs documentation... Yea, stack overflow has a copy and paste answer but the documentation  when done right should help you solve the problem just as well and make further problems easyer. 

2 hours ago, Nbacon said:

I guess so. The problem I'm getting is as I get further into my schooling there are less and less youtube videos on the subjects. So trying  to get the knowledge out a books  seemed to be the hardest thing I have ever done. I am so used to the videos, watch a few  videos  master the topic compaired to books... I will  read the same chapter 1000 times and still  won't get it. Reading it for the 1001st time won't get me any closer to understanding it.  The only thing I can compair it to that most people will understand  is Stack overflow vs documentation... Yea, stack overflow has a copy and paste answer but the documentation  when done right should help you solve the problem just as well and make further problems easyer. 

Don't read and read. Make sure you highlight things you don't know / summarize what you read. 

On 12/28/2020 at 4:40 PM, Florius said:

Skills you have: 
-Python programming 

Skills you wanna learn: 
-Ethnical hacking

Before anyone starts to scream, I work in IT, and customers get hacked, would be very useful to know how, so you can protect your servers better! 

Ethical hacking usually is more accessable when there's less privacy legislation and when people are dumber/more vulnerable

Anyway, why do you wanna learn that? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...