Free Guide! Make your computer faster!

Jack

This is SO simple. I went from 60% cpu usage on average to 40%. It works for pc only!

First, I went trough my programs and uninstalled all the programs I have not used in forever. I also deleted the files I didn't need in "program files".

Next, I downloaded this off of the Microsoft website, and I ran it to get rid of junk programs on start up and that sort of thing.

Finally, I ran a Norton antivirus scan of my computer to get rid of temp files and such. I do this often so I don't know how much it helped.

This worked for me and I was so happy that I decided to write this post tongue.png Post below if it works for you.

There are many other programs you can try.

Removing Malware

Add these to that list.

Thanks sex

Hello Add this.

computerqp.png

1.1 - Windows Update

Windows Update is a very important tool. It is basically updates provided by Microsoft that fix loopholes in your system. Here are instructions on how to install and/or enable Windows Update:

new1w.png

1.3 - Instructions

These are programs which are very helpful in keeping your computer clean, fast, and most importantly: safe! I really you download all of them. Tip: don't run all scans at once, but one after another. What one program missed, the other should catch. Download & install them, please. Alphabetically ordered.

Advanced SystemCare
Description: Has a lot of useful little programs that come with it
Tools: Registry fix, Junk files clean, Privacy sweep, Spyware removal, Security defense, Disk cleaner, Disk explorer, Startup manager, and many more. Most are free, some are only in the PRO version
Download link: Click here
Created by: Iobit

Auslogics Disk Defrag
Description: This program is amongst the best when it comes to defragmenting your system, if not the best!
Tools: Defrag
Created by: Auslogics

CCleaner
Description: This is a great program that is awesome at removing junk files and cleaning up your registry. Certainly a must have
Tools: Cleans your computer of many unnecessary files, registry fix, startup manager
Created By Piform Ltd

Comodo
Description: This is a firewall and the best in the business. Better than the paid versions, better than any other free firewall. It will detect pretty much every single thing. Even when programs are trying to connect to the internet to verify a serial, it will ask you for permission. A must have!
Tools: Firewall
Created by: Comodo Group

Malwarebytes
Description: This program specializes in removing malware and is extremely good at it. Malware basically is adware (programs that download stuff that will slow your PC down), spyware (tracks your internet activity), trojans, and the alike. The best
Tools: Malware removal
Created by: Malwarebytes

Sysinternals
Description: This is basically a folder with a lot of very useful programs provided by Microsoft. Very useful and everyone should have it =]
Tools: RootkitRevealer, Process Explorer, RAMMAP, and more
Created by: Sysinternals

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
Description: This is a tool provided by Microsoft which will scan & remove malicious software found on your computer. It is not an actual anti-virus. Hence, it will not conflict which your current anti-virus (if any). It is great tool and a must have (as with all the other programs listed).
Tools: Malicious software removal
Created by: Microsoft

1. Open CCleaner
->Click "Run Cleaner"
-> Click "Registry" then "Scan for Issues"
-> Click "Fix selected issues", decide whether to backup or not
-> Click "Fix issue"

2. Open Advanced SystemCare
-> Click "Scan" and then "Repair" under Maintain Windows
-> Click "Diagnose System. Disable "Disk Defragment" if you like, it can take some time
-> Click "Scan" and then "Repair"
-> Click "Utilities"
-> Open "Disk Cleaner"
-> Select which files you which to delete. All are unnecessary to the computer, otherwise they wouldn't be listed
-> Play around with the other utilities

3. Open Malwarebytes
-> Select "Perform full scan"
-> The scan can take some time, but it is well worth it

4. Open your Sysinternals folder
-> Open "PageDefrag" (Vista: Run as Admin)
-> Click "Ok"
-> Open "RookitRevealer" (Vista: Run as Admin) (what does this do?)
-> This will open a whole screen of its own. A popup may appear, make sure to click to view the "message"
-> There are other useful tools, such as: Process Explorer, Process Monitor, RAMMap, ect

5. Open Auslogics Disk Defragment
-> Select which drives to defrag (C:, D
-> Click "Defrag"

6. Open Comodo
-> Your internet connection may be blocked at first, if so click the X in "X outbound connections" and change everything to allow
-> Don't really need to do anything else, other than make sure it runs at startup
7. Open Startup (taskbar)
-> Search for "malicious"
-> Open windows-kb890830-v3.13.exe
-> The numbers will differ but it'll still be a similar name
-> Click Next
-> Select Full scan
-> Click Next

1.5 - Browsers

Browsers also play a very important part in keeping your computer secure! I listed them in my personal preference. If you're using Internet Explorer, well say goodbye to it. IE has very little protection against the many threats of the internet. It fails to block even the least complex ad from downloading itself into your computer, without your permission. Here is your selection for a new browser:

Firefox is the best browser in my opinion (of course, some will disagree). It is very safe, very fast. The image to the left is my Firefox. It has a custom theme as well as some add-ons. There are so many add-ons .

After you have installed it, here are add-ons that you must install:
- Adblock Plus
- Anti-virus link checker
Recommended add-ons:
- Fasterfox for 3.0+ (makes your Internet much faster)
- NoScipt
Helpful links:
- Themes
- More addons

Thanks, added.

Wise Care 365 is also very good to make your computer run more faster. You'll need to google the PRO key though. It is not hard to do. 

I'm using it personally. It's very user-friendly.

Give me a serial :c i'll try it out.

Search it on google. There are loads of keys. I cant test and verify the serials myself because I already have the PRO version :c

Wise Care 365 is also very good to make your computer run more faster. You'll need to google the PRO key though. It is not hard to do. 

Search it on google. There are loads of keys. I cant test and verify the serials myself because I already have the PRO version :c

What other tools do you use?

Almost everything that is in it. It has alot features.

No no any other programs you use?

Nope, not really. :P

Nope, not really. tongue.png

You should use some others they are some good ones out there!

Nope, not really. tongue.png

You should use some others they are some good ones out there!

WiseCare has all those features mentioned on this thread. Except for the antivirus programs.

• 4 weeks later...