Old banned Account - Authenticator

Mom

This is hella random, so it may be nothing.

I used to have a main that I botted for years on (in the hayday of botting) that was almost maxed. It got banned around the big bot bust.

Anyways, I decided to try and log in today to see what happens (just because I was bored and I wanted to see if there were any details of it in the system). Of course I didn't remember the password so I recovered it via email. I then changed the password, and again went to login. However, when I logged in, it asked me for my 6 digit authenticator code. This seems very new to me, and I know for a fact they didn't have this (or at least I didn't add it) back when I had my account. Of course I don't know the code, and did not see an option to disable it.

Is this normal, or is something else/fishy going on? Haven't tried to play in years so have no idea whats up with rs3. Does this happen for all the banned accounts? Would laugh if someone stole my account and it got unbanned haha

Just now, Gunman said:

@MomYeah someone probably hijacked your account from a database leak.

Sheesh, you know anyway I can get it back or even confirm it's unbanned? In my password recovery email it said "Character Name Unavailable, we have received a request to reset the password for your RuneScape and Old School RuneScape account"

The character name part sounded interesting to me

3 minutes ago, 9tails96 said:

pog give us some more info? was this the hijacked account or is this just a random unbanned account? 

makes me wanna check some of mine :L 

This was the hijacked account.

At least I am 99% sure it was hijacked. I have no idea what I was last doing when I last botted years ago (right before it got banned), but there are things in the bank/inventory that I have never seen before. Also the equipment looks like something I would never use on my scripts. The authenticator is the real reason why I'm almost certain it was highjacked. The very strange thing though... the bank pin was the same bank pin I had in the past.

Edited by Mom

1 hour ago, Mom said:

This was the hijacked account.

At least I am 99% sure it was hijacked. I have no idea what I was last doing when I last botted years ago (right before it got banned), but there are things in the bank/inventory that I have never seen before. Also the equipment looks like something I would never use on my scripts. The authenticator is the real reason why I'm almost certain it was highjacked. The very strange thing though... the bank pin was the same bank pin I had in the past.

yeh my 06  main was perma banned and got unbanned about 4months ago was random someone posted on here saying heap of old accounts got unbanned 

4 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

Usually when someone cracks these accounts and then use them for botting since no one would ever buy a cracked account without any details since it can be recovered by og owner. So since someone pretty sure botted your account at some point it is banned again most likely

I was able to successfully log in just now. No idea what happened, but new pass/authenticator was added, and account is nolonger banned lol.