Can Jagex detect system information?

flewis

Hey,

Just wondering if Jagex can detect the system that the game is being run on. I have suspicions because when I run my bots on my home server they seem to get banned and locked incredibly quickly (10-20mins). This includes when I create custom scripts too or I use reputable scripts from for example Khal or Czar that otherwise normally have a decent ban rates. Also if this is a problem what's the best way to spoof my system settings and MAC address, I know there are many options to choose from. I also auto clean Jagex random files, use residential proxies for each account (tested them too) so that's why I've come to this conclusion.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Space said:

I've read in the past that people do believe that your OS can play a part in bans but whether or not it's legitimate is unknown. If you're using a proxy or proxies they could also be the reason for quick bans/locks

I've tried about 15 proxy providers, everything from rotating proxies & static residential proxies to cheap datacentre ones. All seem to have the same thing in common, they all get locked or banned shortly after tutorial island, even if done by hand. I think Jagex could be grabbing my servers system information and that's why the bans are coming in so hard. I can bot for days on my home PC before bans.  

11 hours ago, scoob1222 said:

I don’t know if they can get your computers info but what operating system are you running? Maybe I know a way to spoof it

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, the operating system shouldn't be an issue. I think it's the fact that it's running on a Dell Poweredge server.

11 hours ago, Tka619 said:

try clearing your jagex cach 

Yeah I have an auto cleaner for that

no one really knows, and thats what is so frustrating.

It doesn't really help, but my experience is ..

I lived at the same property for many years (6+). Over those years multiple accounts got banned at that IP address. The router was regularly reset to receive a new IP address from DHCP, but accounts would always get banned fairly fast, even when only botting for a few hours.

Proxies and VPNs made no difference, always banned fast (within a week), and I used multiple computers/laptops with different hardware ID's over that period.

I recently moved house/property within the same suburb. and postcode Set up internet with the same Internet Service Provider

Since then I have been botting a few hours a day almost everyday for the last 4 months. I haven't even received a temporary ban yet (touch wood).

for the record I have never cleared my Jagex cache, reinstalled a new operating system or anything like that.

Really need someone who has knowledge from working at Jagex to leak some clues because no one knows

On 10/29/2020 at 12:39 AM, S0905523 said:

I lived at the same property for many years (6+). Over those years multiple accounts got banned at that IP address. The router was regularly reset to receive a new IP address from DHCP, but accounts would always get banned fairly fast, even when only botting for a few hours.

Proxies and VPNs made no difference, always banned fast (within a week), and I used multiple computers/laptops with different hardware ID's over that period.

I recently moved house/property within the same suburb. and postcode Set up internet with the same Internet Service Provider

Since then I have been botting a few hours a day almost everyday for the last 4 months. I haven't even received a temporary ban yet (touch wood).

for the record I have never cleared my Jagex cache, reinstalled a new operating system or anything like that.

Really need someone who has knowledge from working at Jagex to leak some clues because no one knows

I suggest you have a highly skilled reverse engineer to help you out,

Edited by fittig
link

On 10/29/2020 at 1:39 AM, S0905523 said:

Looks like survivorship bias. Jagex aren't magicians, their detection methods don't track your exact physical location.

theres nothing you can do internally in-game to prevent bans. first we need to understand what it takes to be able to run the game. TCP and UDP connection, then some .dll files such as jvm, java and so on are needed. do some reserch Read and WriteProcessMemory and perform some hooks may helps. if I am to guess, what jagex uses for Anti-Cheat is something kernel-related.

• 2 years later...

No one can be sure what information they can gather from your pc.  The Jagex software have access to your basic system information, os, languange, ip and so on and might also see running processess. 

I analyzed the installation file with Hybrid analysis. Someone with more knowledge can explain what these results can tell about osrs software capabilities on information gathering. Here is the link: https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/5175174061ac2e1b4e7078d564b9dda553853938f4179412bf9d18840e33fc70/64da87f33827d7e5de03bd98

Edited by Somidokin

• Gunman locked this topic