VPS vs VDS vs Server

Kramnik

Hello,

I currently use two VPS to add additional accounts to my farm, but one of them is real trouble. Even though it is much faster (64GB RAM with 12 cores) it barely can run 5 accounts while the other VPS is 6 cores with 16GB RAM and I run 10 accounts with it comfortably. The provider failed to fix it until this day. As I read in forum the VPS can do this kind of fuck ups due to being shared and not dedicated. Would this be it in this case?

If so, would I be guaranteed if I get dedicated server that it will always work according to it's specs? Also is there any different in that between Virtual Dedicated Server and normal Server?

Thanks for input :) 

• Sad 1

Imo the whole vps market is fucked place; If you pay for x you should receive at least 90% the performance of x whether it's dedicated or not. That bigger VPS with those specs should be able to run quite a lot of bots. I have 64gb of ram and 12 cores / 24 threads on my personal pc and I can run ~100 bots in low cpu mode. Without low cpu is probably around 30-35. If you haven't try pushing that vps harder and see if it crashes or some shit. Other wise if they don't fix it I would just dropped that VPS since it would be a waste of money to keep it running.

And relating to the question you asked I believe a dedicated would fix this issue but that still doesn't change the fact I think that's just wrong.

23 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Imo the whole vps market is fucked place; If you pay for x you should receive at least 90% the performance of x whether it's dedicated or not. That bigger VPS with those specs should be able to run quite a lot of bots. I have 64gb of ram and 12 cores / 24 threads on my personal pc and I can run ~100 bots in low cpu mode. Without low cpu is probably around 30-35. If you haven't try pushing that vps harder and see if it crashes or some shit. Other wise if they don't fix it I would just dropped that VPS since it would be a waste of money to keep it running.

And relating to the question you asked I believe a dedicated would fix this issue but that still doesn't change the fact I think that's just wrong.

The first day I got it I tried running 35 bots and it completely crashed :D Now even with running small amount of accounts it's clearly not working properly since it makes 60% gp/h of what bots on PC make and 70% of what bots on other VPS makes. Will wait for provider to reply and probably ask for refund and just try my luck with their dedicated options. But should I just go to getting a dedicated server to be sure I don't get any of these issues or Virtual dedicated server could be an option aswell?

17 minutes ago, Nbacon said:

I've made this recommendation many times but I would go in house and get a few Dell Precision T3600 Workstation. They are super cheap on ebay for pc. 120-250 depending on your needs. 

The thing is, there is a seller in my city, which sells builds really cheap, even cheaper if you would try to build same PC while getting separate parts yourself. They would clearly be an option, but I dont really want to get any physical. It would take space and I got powerful PC already for my personal use :) 

• Sad 1