New Proxy source not working, any suggestions?

mehorz

My old proxy provider works just fine, but I found another provider and wanted to test out theirs, but OSBot refuses to open with their proxies. In the browser they work fine via socks. It seems to fail trying to check the osbot account auth.

[INFO][10/20 05:32:58 PM]: Loaded 7 RS accounts!
[ERROR][10/20 05:32:58 PM]: SOCKS : authentication failed
[INFO][10/20 05:32:58 PM]: Welcome to OSBot 2.5.87!
[ERROR][10/20 05:32:59 PM]: Failed to load hooks!
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.nio.ByteBuffer.wrap(Unknown Source)
    at org.osbot.BotApplication.iIIIIiiIIiii(jv:309)
    at org.osbot.Af.iIIIIiiIIiii(aw:212)
    at org.osbot.BotApplication.main(jv:256)
[DEBUG][Bot #1][10/20 05:32:59 PM]: Initializing stealth injection bot...
[INFO][Bot #1][10/20 05:32:59 PM]: Downloading latest RS2 old-school client parameters...
[INFO][10/20 05:32:59 PM]: Started bot #1

Here's my startup command with some things censored. Like I said, the other proxies work fine from another provider, just trying to cut costs down a little.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_201\bin\java.exe" -jar "osbot.jar" -proxy 1.2.3.4:10000 -login user:password -bot u:p:0000 -script osbot_script:settings -allow norandoms,lowcpu

Edited by mehorz

Still getting used to this forum software, so weird I can't use bbcode.

Anyway, I just changed the proxy in the command line, correct port and everything. On the proxy side, I have my ip whitelisted which I've tested in a browser. I've been using OSBot for about 2 years and I dev my own scripts, but this is the first time I've had proxy problems. I tried to contact a staff member but they said to post here. I think it more relates to how OSBot auths the user and/or loads the settings. The line it errors on is a null pointer exception and the log right before that says loading hooks.

Further up I see it says socks auth failure, does OSBot put in some default user/pass for socks auth? I can auth the proxy with user/pass but figured whitelisting would be easier.

I poked around a bit more, using the GUI the same thing happens if I don't use a user/pass on the proxy, however if I put in the user/pass it does load fine. It's weird since firefox works fine with it with no pass, and also tested it with my own scripts (php) and it's just happy with no pass. I suspect this must be some sort of bug and the proxy service prioritizes the user/pass over the whitelisted ip list.

Anyway, I suspect my issue has a work around since it works with the user/pass auth, just weird it won't work with the ip whitelist.

Does the proxy require a username & or password in order to grant access to using it? I know the one I use from proxyfish requires you to log in via a username and password to set it up however I just use proxifier and right click the osrs client and use the proxy on it that was as I'm not using CLI or stealth, I just use MM for personal use.

If you hop into the discord and post in the #help section over there, there will be more people technologically advanced than I am when it comes to this sort of thing who might be able to help and or point you in the right direction

The proxy allows white listed ip or auth via user + pass. It's worked quite well so far with the user + pass auth so I'll just stick to that. I just don't normally like passwords involved in my scripts. I have the bots started by bots effectively, so that's why everything is command line based and such =).

19 hours ago, osrs42 said:

im having the same issue.  Proxy works on browser but wont load on osbot. My proxy works on another botting client but refuses to load on osbot.

A work around seems to be to use a user/pass on the proxies if that is an option. For me it had worked fine since I used the user/pass instead of the whitelist style auth. I'm pretty sure months ago (nearly a year ago) I tried this proxy source before and it didn't work so I just wrote it off as not working. Pretty sure this is some sort of bug within the socks protocal used or the service not accepting a blank/invalid user/pass while your IP is also whitelisted.

To use a user/pass with a proxy, it's in this format, atleast for the command line.

1.2.3.4:567:proxyuser:proxypass

18 minutes ago, mehorz said:

A work around seems to be to use a user/pass on the proxies if that is an option. For me it had worked fine since I used the user/pass instead of the whitelist style auth. I'm pretty sure months ago (nearly a year ago) I tried this proxy source before and it didn't work so I just wrote it off as not working. Pretty sure this is some sort of bug within the socks protocal used or the service not accepting a blank/invalid user/pass while your IP is also whitelisted.

To use a user/pass with a proxy, it's in this format, atleast for the command line.

1.2.3.4:567:proxyuser:proxypass

I figured out my issue.  I deleted all osbot files and started over and everything was good.