So, I purchased a proxy for 3 months, and I created a new account with that proxy, and as I was doing tutorial island the account was banned, I didn't even bot.

sneakyseverus

Anyways, I contacted the seller who confirmed that "The IP was never used with OSRS before."

So I'm wondering why the Bot was banned without even using a script on it on a clean IP.

Here's what I did.

I ran OSBot client with stealth injection mode.

The seller of the IP assured me that "The ban was because Jagex can detect the client in stealth injection mode, but not mirror mode. and that it's because it's a new account and Jagex watches new accounts much more closely."

Can anyone shed some light on where I went wrong?

Just now, kinghooblah said:

Anyways, I contacted the seller who confirmed that "The IP was never used with OSRS before."

So I'm wondering why the Bot was banned without even using a script on it on a clean IP.

Here's what I did.

The seller of the IP assured me that "The ban was because Jagex can detect the client in stealth injection mode, but not mirror mode. and that it's because it's a new account and Jagex watches new accounts much more closely."

Also I'd like to add, the seller of the proxy assured me that the IP was still safe to use. That the IP wouldn't be flagged for 2 or 3 more bans.  Is this true or should I just retire this proxy?

1. Jagex can see you are using a proxy

2. Acc creation/the start of the account is probably the part that Jagex spends the most effort on in terms of detecting bots/suspicious behaviour

3. I highly doubt the ip was never used on osrs before, it shouldnt make much of a difference because 1. and 2. should be the bigger factors, but still seems kinda scummy by the seller

Ips dont really get flagged and if you only bot one account at a time you can just bot on your home ip

3 hours ago, kinghooblah said:

Here's what I did.

Also I'd like to add, the seller of the proxy assured me that the IP was still safe to use. That the IP wouldn't be flagged for 2 or 3 more bans.  Is this true or should I just retire this proxy?

Bad IP 100%, is it a datacentre proxy or residential. Jagex can also look at the ISP that the proxy is using so I'd also check that. Last where did you get this proxy from?

4 hours ago, kinghooblah said:

"The ban was because Jagex can detect the client in stealth injection mode, but not mirror mode.

This isn’t true either. The osbot client at current is not detected or detectable but has the possibility to be detected since it’s injecting code into the client. If they could detect the client straight away, botting and farms would be impossible due to the amount of resources you would use from running a lot of mirror clients it wouldn’t be worth it or cost effective to do either (from what I understand as you would be able to use a lot less clients compared to stealth) I believe you should get a refund. The proxy sounds like it’s flagged and he’s trying to pass the blame to other factors. 

If you use rotating proxies for creation you'll find a much greater success rate. (1-2 accounts per IP, making more than this on a single IP in 24 hrs may result in locks)

Data center IPs are fine for running your gold farm, but if you use them for the initial creation of the account you'll experience locks, bans, etc.

If the account was created on a US proxy, make sure you bot on a US proxy (creating on a US proxy and botting on a UK proxy will result in lock.)

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

@kinghooblah Straight up thing it was just bad luck. I've had this happy a couple hand full of times on Jagex's client when doing it by hand. Only once with the osbot client. If you wanna know if it's the ip just create an account on the ip wait like 4 days then login. If it's banned on the first login after 4 days that ip is 100% shit. And imo as well, if you receive locks on the ip the ip is shit. I use datacenter proxies and made a couple thousand on a single ip in a short amount of time and never received a lock. So I have no idea what the AsBakedAsCake guy is talking about.

2 hours ago, Gunman said:

@kinghooblah Straight up thing it was just bad luck. I've had this happy a couple hand full of times on Jagex's client when doing it by hand. Only once with the osbot client. If you wanna know if it's the ip just create an account on the ip wait like 4 days then login. If it's banned on the first login after 4 days that ip is 100% shit. And imo as well, if you receive locks on the ip the ip is shit. I use datacenter proxies and made a couple thousand on a single ip in a short amount of time and never received a lock. So I have no idea what the AsBakedAsCake guy is talking about.

I speak from years of experience, that's what I'm talking about. I highly doubt you've actually created thousands of accounts on a single IP in a short time and received no locks or bans, lol. Don't encourage people to do that, it's just stupid.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

8 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

I speak from years of experience, that's what I'm talking about. I highly doubt you've actually created thousands of accounts on a single IP in a short time and received no locks or bans, lol. Don't encourage people to do that, it's just stupid.

I said I never received locks. The accounts were suicides so they were gonna get banned anyway. But being banned from just creating accounts on the ip has never happened after creating all the accounts(only with shitty ips has this happened). Now to be honest I don't really think I've seen a real difference in bans from accounts who received locks and those who haven't. But I would rather just avoid locks to begin with since something triggered it and could possible lead to a faster ban. Which is why in my opinion encouraging people to keep using these proxies is stupid.

Clarifying on the details of the amount of accounts created.
6500 accounts were created, botted, and banned within 4 weeks across 3 ips. 3000 of those were on a single ip.
0 of the 6500 accounts received a lock.
20 clients were running at a time 24/7 on the same ip.
Of course they were banned. Some lasted longer, some short.

Probably you got locked no ? Otherwise, what message they put on account status ? "Macroing in osrs" ? without using a macro ? 🙃

Some years ago i was running 1000 account per mounth using free proxies located around the world and never saw it happening.

Edited by John Wick