OSRS gold rapid price drop

azuresuN

1 minute ago, drewww2 said:

Just checked some gold selling sights, and prices are crashing. If its an actual dupe, the market will be crashed in a month or so. Hopefully its just all the twitch prime botters insta selling their profits. 

That's also what it could be, i'm hoping for the same and if so it will calm down soon hopefully soon 

4 hours ago, Dbuffed said:

Gold has always been rocky, I have been selling since 2005 when I was able to get £2-5 per mill in my own city I lived in at the time, then we got the good old $1-1.5 per mill etc online and gradually over time it's always gone up and down but never this low so there has to be a real reason and the only logical one I have found so far was a dup that some guy has done to completely crash the market

We will see in due time though, but every game will have bugs and bug abusers

Bro

I remember selling gold to guys in my school for £3/Mill but buying it for less than $1.50

I used to eat like a King in school, Probs explains why im fat lol

24 minutes ago, Wishy said:

Bro

I remember selling gold to guys in my school for £3/Mill but buying it for less than $1.50

I used to eat like a King in school, Probs explains why im fat lol

Yeah man, there was a few guys who did that 10004GP trick to scam people from the mill stuff etc, and there was a few of us who just sat there all day fishing etc lmao, even guys who farmed wow gold back then too and sold that like £1/1g etc

11 hours ago, Dbuffed said:

Gold has always been rocky, I have been selling since 2005 when I was able to get £2-5 per mill in my own city I lived in at the time, then we got the good old $1-1.5 per mill etc online and gradually over time it's always gone up and down but never this low so there has to be a real reason and the only logical one I have found so far was a dup that some guy has done to completely crash the market

We will see in due time though, but every game will have bugs and bug abusers

Oh ye 100% as much as i'm enjoying the prices being this low for buying purposes i'm kinda sad for the game to see what it will become in a year-2 if prices do continue to drop. I'm expecting another price drop once this new cave update happens as rev's is completely dead and another prime sub inbound in a month? Games gonna hit an all time low if jagex don't get onto it now.

54 minutes ago, Coolst0rybr0 said:

Oh ye 100% as much as i'm enjoying the prices being this low for buying purposes i'm kinda sad for the game to see what it will become in a year-2 if prices do continue to drop. I'm expecting another price drop once this new cave update happens as rev's is completely dead and another prime sub inbound in a month? Games gonna hit an all time low if jagex don't get onto it now.

Shouldn't the rev caves update cause gold to rise? At least that's what I was expecting as it's the largest gold farm in the game and should be made a lot less profitable. Maybe I'm mistaken though

11 hours ago, Coolst0rybr0 said:

Rev update will make price go up as there aren't enough people gold farming, although there are other spots they camp such as green dragons etc - And of course the same applies with commission clans, they also cannot charge X-gold per world per person and dump it now either, BUT if there is another twitch inc it's very possible it'll shake things a bit more

10 hours ago, PyNN said:

Shouldn't the rev caves update cause gold to rise? At least that's what I was expecting as it's the largest gold farm in the game and should be made a lot less profitable. Maybe I'm mistaken though

correct

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PyNN said:

I’m not 100% sure as I guess no one really knows what they’ve got installed but seeing as no jagex moderator has any pvp experience it will either be a massive failure Or another opportunity for gold farmers to cash out on? I’ve got no idea tbh though lol