Buffed guides to passive gold - Battlestaves

Dbuffed

So first of all I know most people probably know this method, considering air orb botting and so forth but this is also just as easily profitable if you have a main account and you don't mind logging onto it for a few minutes each day even just for the odd bond or so forth over time :)

You should ideally want varrock hard mode done or elite if you can, that way you can buy 60 battlestaves for 420K (or 120 with the elite diaries), which can then be sold for a bit more or if you make your own orbs you can also use them for extra crafting EXP over time and high alchemy supplies to profit even further!

2cef58944a5681227716ed71d6b161d4.png

This is the corner barrel you buy the battlestaves from, please note you can do it with any dairy completion but this does vary on what completion you have so you can make more money over time - There are also other places such as Lunar Isle where you can also buy battlestaves from the store, but I could be wrong by saying they are also 7K each.

6ca52f30cd68e494daca99ad6baaf4bf.png

As you can see the general price goes from 7K in the barrel to 8.3K per battlestaff, so 1.3K per staff profit just for buying them, here are some I bought over the past few days stacking them up to use personally -

dfb9fcaa25d67b7c215b35c318cada2d.png

Keeping in mind these staves cost me 2940K (2.94M) so I have earned 500K profit just for buying them in a few days and this is without doing the extra stuff such as adding the orb heads to them which can then make them be both worth more and high alch for more as well.

bc4e68d487d2251894a39ce483d5c082.png

This is the rough breakdown prices for each orb head, you would be always better getting the unpowered orbs and charging yourself if you got time to do it as it can then make you more money in the long run - Keeping in mind that charging some of these orbs at higher level can also be partially afk magic experience too.

Now the only main difference between the orbs is the pricing in them being that the air orb is the most popular as bots also do it for income that's very simple to make and replace so you should have no problem even if you decide to use a bot to get the orbs done and use them yourself.

8a5e21a1b4e2896e50b7ef92acbcb591.png

Please note that all of the battlestaves do alch for the same price overall which is 9.3K meaning this could be a good passive money maker if you don't mind going out of your way to buy them, they are always being bought due to people wanting to train to either 99 crafting or 200M crafting experience, so the demand will always be there but with the grand exchange prices can vary on a day to day basis, whilst if you are using high alchemy you will always receive 9.3K + the experience in both crafting and magic.

- Hope this helps, and encourages you to look into it :)

~ Dbuffed

If you want to try this out, and want to go down the botting route there are a few scripts you can try!

@Molly 

@Tom 

@Nym (sorry wont let me tag above your script thread)

Edited by Dbuffed
  • Like 3
  • Heart 1

22 minutes ago, MK MK said:

nice guide

13 minutes ago, Nerotos said:

Thoughtful guide, will help alot of people

Cheers guys, I have done it over the years and always profited off it - Even back PRE-EOC so why not :) It's easy enough to get into, easy enough money and even if you just use it to buy yourself an extra bond etc, the savings are always there!

Nice guide fren. I wish i had the elites done on my main but the requirements are a pain. The good thing about this method and even people abused, I don't know if they still do however, with the staves you bought every day it would allow to pay for the membership you used using bonds so it essentially pays for your membership and even profit ontop of that as well.

17 hours ago, Space said:

Nice guide fren. I wish i had the elites done on my main but the requirements are a pain. The good thing about this method and even people abused, I don't know if they still do however, with the staves you bought every day it would allow to pay for the membership you used using bonds so it essentially pays for your membership and even profit ontop of that as well.

Only a short one, but still gets right to the point :D

It's indeed a great money maker if you're in the area, or even if you're training odd skills at the bank each day (varrock west should I say*) but I think it could help at least get towards a bond if it doesn't grant you one specifically, but then again keeping in mind I am only on varrock hards not elites so I don't know the overall fluctuation, and of course if we was to alch instead that would also grant more profit and the same with using lunar isle + mages guild :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...