Windows 10 OSB will not open

dunclin

I've installed jre 8 update 111, 172, and 262 and I've tried opening with all 3. I've tried the .bat file for each one aswell.  (I did rename the client to just osbot)

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_111\jre\bin\java.exe -jar "osbot.jar" 

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_172\jre\bin\java.exe -jar "osbot.jar"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_172\bin\java.exe -jar "osbot.jar"

The client opened when i had the newest version of java but was unable to use it

19 hours ago, dunclin said:

Just not opening, a command prompt opens for a mllisecond and goes away when i try to use the jar file. As for the .bat file does nothing 😢

Try opening a cmd and simply typing "java -version" to see if your system even recognizes your install. 
What version does it state? Seeing as you have several installed.

On 7/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, Phoenix said:

Try opening a cmd and simply typing "java -version" to see if your system even recognizes your install. 
What version does it state? Seeing as you have several installed.

I uninstalled the newer version, even though I've tried opening with older versions it wouldnt work until it was uninstalled. Thanks for the replies though

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Java versions can be a bit tricky sometimes. Your efforts with the different JRE updates and .bat files are commendable. I remember my early days here; it felt like decoding a secret language, right? Anyway, it's interesting that the client worked with the newest Java version but had usability issues. Computers, right? Such mysterious creatures! As for the windows 11 pro retail key, I stumbled upon that too when I was troubleshooting. It's like a hidden side quest in the tech world. If I may throw in my two cents, maybe the community can help pinpoint the issue with your client. Ah, the joys of online exploration!

Edited by KerryLuis