Proxy/VPNs with Runelite. Thoughts?

fredmeep

Go ahead and skip to the last two paragraphs if you are lazy 😛

The main way I bot these days is to write my own color scripts and use runelite, rather than traditional botting software. I have found the banrate using my method is EXCEEDINGLY low. The only bans I've ever gotten using this method is doing agility and crafting gold jewelry in edgeville, while running the script 18 hours a day for weeks at a time. Unfortunately, I got cocky on one of my mains and received a temp ban doing agility, after running it for 20 hours or so over the course of 2 or 3 days. 

I cannot risk this account further and will stop botting on it.  However, I have another account that I don't play except to bot (bankstanding). I have been running this script for a few months on this account and I have over 62 mil exp in this skill, and have easily made 350 mil just from this one account. However, the account is 2k+ total and I do not want to needlessly risk this account if I don't have to. I am aware that when you receive a ban, even a temp ban, on one account, you should stop botting on your other accounts because at least for awhile, they are watching your IP closely. In the past when I was still learning and using risky methods, after a ban, my other accounts got quickly banned when I continued to bot. 

Now that they are likely watching my IP, using a proxy has two advantages. 1) I'll be on a different IP that isn't on their watchlist. 2) If you do catch a ban, you can recover the account because they will believe you got hacked, and the hacker was the one botting. I've recovered multiple accounts in the past simply by playing them on a different IP than the one where the account was created, and I've always been able to get the ban reversed. 

However I am not very knowledgable about VPNs and proxies. I know you can buy one and OSBot has an option to just use a proxy to connect to runescape. But if I am just botting on Runelite using a private script,  what is the best method to mask my IP on Runelite? Do I buy a VPN service, will that work? If so, which VPN service should I use? I need to run it on two computers simultaneously.  If anyone has any experience with this, I will very much appreciate your help, and I'm willing to throw down a bit of cash to put my mind at ease and get off my current IP address that is probably on a watch list. I do not want to catch a ban on this account, I'd like to achieve a 200m exp skill completely botted, I'm already 1/3 of the way there. Along with maxed house, 2k total, 4 pets. Looking to sell the account too at some point.

1 hour ago, Camaro said:

proxifier

This looks super promising. Thanks so much for the tip. So I can be on my normal network for other things, but a proxy on runelite? Hell yeah. Have any experience with this product, or anything else you can tell me? I'm super pumped to try this out. 

54 minutes ago, Medusa said:

Daddifier

If this is a joke I don't get it lol.

46 minutes ago, Wisply said:

couldnt you just use the osbot client, or is there higher banrates for that?

In my experience, yes. OSBot and other similar clients are great and I recommend them, and I have bought and used many scripts, but the banrates using these clients is incredibly high compared to what I do. Using my methods, for example, I suicide botted mining iron in the mining guild for 1 month straight, to get on the 30 day EHP records on crystal math labs. I mined and banked iron 20 hours a day for 30 days straight, I was reported dozens of times (people would tell me they reported me and accused me of botting) and I never got banned. That account eventually got banned making gold bracelets unfortunately, but I was rank #42 all time monthly mining xp record. And like my account that has over 60 million exp in a skill right now, I've never had luck achieving this sort of thing on the traditional botting clients. I only use things like OSBot to suicide an account that I expect to get banned. Never on an established account that you don't want to lose. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...