OSBot's client is detected

Yumi

Wonderful, the catalysts in here with no constructive feedback. I'll give my input as I was looking for ban rates/feedback on agility and stumbled across this gem of informative discussion. Let's look at the data you provided and try and deconstruct it to work out where you went wrong:

• I made 10 accounts on a fresh residential proxies from different providers on the OSBot client

It's possible the proxies you purchased might have been recycled and could already been 'burnt'. I don't know the seller so I can only speculate. You should look at using proxy checkers that have the option to not be published or using a proxy checking script that is open source giving you the ability to see if the information is being stored somewhere. Perhaps that was your first mistake.

• finished tutorial island by hand and left them for a day, 2 of them I manually trained on chickens.

I think the evidence is anecdotal but a fresh account left for 2 days with a bit of manual work isn't a deciding factor in remaining unbanned. The variables involved in botting are huge: accounts age, account stats, the script being used, the scripts methods to try and 'evade ban detection', the scripts patterns, how many users are using that script, what metrics have already been detected because of the script, etc... Too many variables involved to give a specific answer other than speculation.

• The fact that I did no botting whatsoever and just used the OSBot client and got me banned already means Jagex has client detection.

Unless someone in this community has written the 'anti bot methods' for Jagex, then nobody has the correct answer other than educated and assumptive knowledge based on thier findings. I imagine their are pros and cons to both mirror and stealth but I don't really bother with any of them myself anymore so i'm out of that loop.

• However, the previous accounts I made using mirror mode are still alive.

Then look at what you did on those accounts and what you used and look at all the potential data points and work it out. Some accounts go unbanned for years. I had an account called xmeo who was 24th in the world for Hunter on a free script during the osrs early days of release and I remained unbanned but then i've also had a paid custom chinning script and I got banned on a very mature account with well over 230 quest points. Botting is against the rules, if you do it - regardless of the methods expect you could be banned.

• Like 1
  • Mald 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can prob get banned if all you do straight off tut island is kill chickens. Don't need to use a bot client to get banned for it. Switch to cows after gaining a few levels, and mix in some other tasks. Also, do a quest or two as the first thing you do on your account is best. No-quest accounts get banned a lot quicker.

Lots of low level F2P content (filling water jugs, mining clay, killing chickens) is for all intents and purposes "forbidden" due to heavy botting.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:30 AM, Gabriel Ramuglia said:

You can prob get banned if all you do straight off tut island is kill chickens. Don't need to use a bot client to get banned for it. Switch to cows after gaining a few levels, and mix in some other tasks. Also, do a quest or two as the first thing you do on your account is best. No-quest accounts get banned a lot quicker.

Lots of low level F2P content (filling water jugs, mining clay, killing chickens) is for all intents and purposes "forbidden" due to heavy botting.

iv made acounts snd got 40/40/40 on chickens and not been banned all so done the same botting and not been banned. but then iv botted 1 hour on account and had it banned, all so just used a clients logged on and then off and got banned. so they heve lots off way to find if your botting or not or if your using there client or not and it be silly to think they dont.

Edited by manko

Easy way to stay posetiv. Expect the worst, if you think you will get banned 100 times and only gets banned 90 times its still a win. 

Jokes aside, botting have changed a lot over the years. i just came back and its though man. Bans are quicker and jagex are getting better. In this day its mostly about doing methods that not a lot of people uses and just learning from bans and successes. Tweaking the settings and methods from what you have learned.

Gl in the future my man 

On 7/19/2020 at 2:41 AM, yakkers09 said:

They can tell if it's not your actual mouse clicking.  That's the main reasons for bans.   Luckily I mostly use bots just for getting resources or gold. I know the bots gonna be banned within a couple days but that's plenty of time to trade stuff over. 

I was under the assumption that Java applications run in their own virtualized sandbox and have no interaction with what's outside the box so "if I'm even close to being right" how would they know?  Is it packet-level inspection or something?

Edited by b0tscape