Got my old main unbanned after 6 years.

RoomScape

My almost max rs3 main was banned in 2014. I appealed a couple times and nothing happened. 

I randomly got an email saying password reset. I normally get these and thought it was spam but always open before deleting. When I opened it, it actually looked legit. I clicked the link and typed in a password and now I can log into my account. 

5 hours ago, RoomScape said:

My almost max rs3 main was banned in 2014. I appealed a couple times and nothing happened. 

I randomly got an email saying password reset. I normally get these and thought it was spam but always open before deleting. When I opened it, it actually looked legit. I clicked the link and typed in a password and now I can log into my account. 

mine got unbanned ! was ban in 2013 

Just now, RoomScape said:

lucky man, even i got password reset email for my banned account but when i resetted it. it was still banned

1 minute ago, daweed said:

lucky man, even i got password reset email for my banned account but when i resetted it. it was still banned

Did you actually appeal or reset the password or was it a random email?

i didn’t do anything to the account and got a random password reset out of nowhere. 

1 hour ago, RoomScape said:

Did you actually appeal or reset the password or was it a random email?

i didn’t do anything to the account and got a random password reset out of nowhere. 

I bet someone tried abusing the recovery system to hack your account, which is why you got the password reset request.

Also, in the past when I had nice accounts banned on proxies I would act like they were hacked and "recover" them. Then, sometimes they would unban my account just after going through the recovery process.

Congrats on getting the account back :)

4 hours ago, Somebody said:

I bet someone tried abusing the recovery system to hack your account, which is why you got the password reset request.

Also, in the past when I had nice accounts banned on proxies I would act like they were hacked and "recover" them. Then, sometimes they would unban my account just after going through the recovery process.

Congrats on getting the account back :)

There were so many unban attempts over the past years I lost count. And who knows, I have it now but I don’t play anymore so it sucks. But memories.