Account hacked by using a script???

CharlieTurner96

So ive been using the fruity zulrah script i took a break and all of a sudden i got an authenticator on my account changed my pw and my zulrah gear is gone and at g.e.

so im wondering how this was managed when it had been an inactive account until late and when i started using said script it was compromised. ive used osbot for time and this has never happened.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Your email/password pairs are likely compromised in a 3rd party data breach.

This is how hackers crack accounts in RuneScape. They take known data breaches and try the passwords. 

lost fuck all just annoying. could tell it was hacked when there was an auth set on it.

If i set an auth will this prevent them doing so again?

as my email wasnt compromised as it wasnt changed or had any emails sent to change pw etc

6 minutes ago, CharlieTurner96 said:

lost fuck all just annoying. could tell it was hacked when there was an auth set on it.

If i set an auth will this prevent them doing so again?

as my email wasnt compromised as it wasnt changed or had any emails sent to change pw etc

How do you know your email wasn't compromised?

I can guarantee you that fruity really doesnt want to get banned over stealing your 10m zulrah gear, especially when you are paying 22$/month to use his script.

Also its not even possible for us scripters to access any of your data. Only a dev could do that and considering there are like 2k active vip users paying 10$/month it would be stupid for them to throw that away to steal 5$ worth of gear of some user.

Edited by ez11

16 minutes ago, ez11 said:

I can guarantee you that fruity really doesnt want to get banned over stealing your 10m zulrah gear, especially when you are paying 22$/month to use his script.

Also its not even possible for us scripters to access any of your data. Only a dev could do that and considering there are like 2k active vip users paying 10$/month it would be stupid for them to throw that away to steal 5$ worth of gear of some user.

yeah i know fruity is legit im just bare confused how it happened like. as someone as suggested 3rd party data leak? just havent done anything from use his scrip on osbot so its worrying. alas set an auth and only lost 20m. made this post more in confusion not calling him out cos he makes decent scripts!

3 minutes ago, CharlieTurner96 said:

yeah i know fruity is legit im just bare confused how it happened like. as someone as suggested 3rd party data leak? just havent done anything from use his scrip on osbot so its worrying. alas set an auth and only lost 20m. made this post more in confusion not calling him out cos he makes decent scripts!

A 3rd party leak doesn't mean you signed up on some dodgy RS item duplicator website or anything, data breaches can happen for major corporations which you may have signed up with using the same email / pw combo, an example is Yahoo

https://www.pindrop.com/blog/500-million-users-affected-by-yahoo-data-breach/

Hackers may target runescape accounts rather than paypal/credit cards because it's an easy way to get money without facing prosecution, you can check your email at the link below also :) 

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 5:51 AM, CharlieTurner96 said:

So why would you come in here then an accuse him of hacking your account? You literally said in your first post that you were using his script and now your account is hacked. Change ya passwords and do a sweep of your PC to see if you have any keyloggers.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:50 AM, CharlieTurner96 said:

So ive been using the fruity zulrah script i took a break and all of a sudden i got an authenticator on my account changed my pw and my zulrah gear is gone and at g.e.

so im wondering how this was managed when it had been an inactive account until late and when i started using said script it was compromised. ive used osbot for time and this has never happened.

Edited by lukey372