Developing a Mouse Recorder

SqueezeTheorem

Hi guys.

I'm working on developing a mouse recorder specifically for OSRS using OSBot. My thinking is that with a long enough mouse recordings (24+ hours of recordings spliced together), ban rates should be almost non-existent because it's literally a 100% accurate recording of human behaviour, so the system shouldn't be able to tell. Obviously you're severely limited with what you can bot, and you still won't be able to bot for 12 hours a day without getting smacked with the ban hammer, but I think it's at least worth trying.

I tried a small scale test with an account crafting gold jewellery in f2p, but I think the recording was far too short (15 mins) and the account got banned within a few minutes. That IP was probably flagged though, so that may have contributed. I did tutorial island and earned my starting cash 100% legit to make sure I didn't get banned for anything other than the mouse recorder.

Technical details:

- Mouse movements are executed by using Java's Robot class from AWT, not OSBot's mouse methods. Using the Robot class allows for more precise movements than what OSBot currently offers out of the box.
    - Mouse movements, presses, and releases recorded using the JNativeHook library.
        - Presses and releases are played back so even the time between pressing and releasing shouldn't be a red flag
    - OSBot is running a script that will disable inputs after say 60 seconds without gaining XP. This is a fail safe to prevent the recording from fucking up and getting reported/detected

TL;DR: Do you think there's any validity to this approach? I see no feasible way that Jagex could catch someone using this method if they had a long enough recording. Whether it's 15 minutes or 48 hours, eventually you should be able to have enough recording data to bypass Jamflex, right?

2 hours ago, jesenican said:

doing around 5 accounts, non stop mouse recording over 12h a day..no bans..i tried to tell admins about this but they laughted...anyways for me its the most safest way..got account over 400m exp with only mouse record..

Which program are you using? 

I'm planning to do so aswell, but only for 1-2 hours. Nothing extreme, just wanting to gain some xp passively. 

12 hours ago, Chamst said:

what mouse recorder do you use?

12 hours ago, Shango31 said:

Which program are you using? 

I'm planning to do so aswell, but only for 1-2 hours. Nothing extreme, just wanting to gain some xp passively. 

mouse and keyboard recorder you can find cracked version on piratebay.

My thoughts: (opinions )

I made a mutiboxer that had the abilty to record the objects, menu options , wait for widgits, and  title potions you clicked. It  used the osbot api to make almost bullet proof macros. If the camera moved the bot would still work, if there was npc infront of something you need to click on it still worked.  Long recordings just invite failure and would take alot of input. 

Do you think there's any validity to this approach?

No, why?

• you are not using any osbot api so why would you need osbot to do this? 
  • Most bans are client checks (*opinion* needs a fact-check)
  • JNativeHook library comes off as malicious and always gets deleted my by anti-virus.
  •  there is a macro recoder on osbot already  with abity to load your own macros maybe record and inport to thier format . scriptID 1012

3 hours ago, jesenican said:

mouse and keyboard recorder you can find cracked version on piratebay.

For how long did you record and then let the Program do the thing?

Like: 

I'll record the mousemovement for 5 minutes and then let the program reapeat it over lets say 2 hours. 

I guess it would be safe to record longer, then let the program repeat it, right? 

15 minutes ago, Shango31 said:

For how long did you record and then let the Program do the thing?

Like: 

I'll record the mousemovement for 5 minutes and then let the program reapeat it over lets say 2 hours. 

I guess it would be safe to record longer, then let the program repeat it, right? 

thats extremly low..i do 1h record for 2-3 hours then switch to another 1h record...

7 hours ago, Nbacon said:
  • you are not using any osbot api so why would you need osbot to do this? 

As mentioned in the original post, the point of OSBot is that you can leverage it as a fail safe. If lag screws up the recording, the bot should stop gaining XP. When no XP has been gained in a certain window of time, the OSBot script simply disables user input, preventing the bot from fucking up for long periods of time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you checked out

bot.getMouseEventHandler().generateBotMouseEvent

? If not, try that before using Robot - I've included you in a PM where somebody else asked how I got around OSBot's slow keyboard/mouse problem.

Also, you shouldn't need to use JNativeHook library as you can add listeners to the client itself

gl dude, my script blows so I hope you do a ton better :)