Can't use OSbot anymore

Zgerstmyer

Osbot will not open and instead gives me a popup that tells me I'm running 14.0.1 of Java, which is currently unsupported. Doesn't matter how many times I re download Java and Osbot. I just checked via command prompt to ensure I have Java 8, and I do according to what osbot.org/forum/java told me. I've already botted to 99 strength and 1500 total level, and I own nine scripts, what the hell is going on all of a sudden?

5 minutes ago, Protoprize said:

install java: https://adoptopenjdk.net/

During install, select to set the java PATH automatically

restart pc

open osbot

Thanks man, it opens and works now. One issue though, the start/stop/add bot buttons are microscopic all of a sudden and my text box at the bottom left it so small i wouldnt be able to read whats in it. any idea how to restore the size of the in game text box? i cant deal with the tiny start and stop buttons

2 minutes ago, Zgerstmyer said:

Thanks man, it opens and works now. One issue though, the start/stop/add bot buttons are microscopic all of a sudden and my text box at the bottom left it so small i wouldnt be able to read whats in it. any idea how to restore the size of the in game text box? i cant deal with the tiny start and stop buttons

You need to turn off scaling. Either in your display settings (don't recomend that if you have a 4k monitor) or java https://superuser.com/questions/988379/how-do-i-run-java-apps-upscaled-on-a-high-dpi-display

23 hours ago, Protoprize said:

You need to turn off scaling. Either in your display settings (don't recomend that if you have a 4k monitor) or java https://superuser.com/questions/988379/how-do-i-run-java-apps-upscaled-on-a-high-dpi-display

I took the steps listed on this page to no avail. Could you send a different Java download that I could try? Someone on that page mentioned that Java 9 solves the issue automatically but I'm not sure where to even find that

9 minutes ago, Zgerstmyer said:

I took the steps listed on this page to no avail. Could you send a different Java download that I could try? Someone on that page mentioned that Java 9 solves the issue automatically but I'm not sure where to even find that

1. Find java.exe and/or javaw.exe likely found in C:\Program Files\Java\jre(version#)\bin.
  2. Right click on it and select -> Properties
  3. Go to Compatibility tab
  4. Check Override high DPI scaling behavior.
  5. Choose System for Scaling performed by:
  6. Click OK

15 minutes ago, Protoprize said:
  1. Find java.exe and/or javaw.exe likely found in C:\Program Files\Java\jre(version#)\bin.
  2. Right click on it and select -> Properties
  3. Go to Compatibility tab
  4. Check Override high DPI scaling behavior.
  5. Choose System for Scaling performed by:
  6. Click OK

went C:\Program files\Java\Jdk-14.0.1\bin and found java and javaw in that folder. I overrode the high DPI scaling behavior on both and still no change. microscopic text and inventory and chat box still. I dont know why I am having this issue out of nowhere :( it makes osbot unusable

14 minutes ago, Zgerstmyer said:

went C:\Program files\Java\Jdk-14.0.1\bin and found java and javaw in that folder. I overrode the high DPI scaling behavior on both and still no change. microscopic text and inventory and chat box still. I dont know why I am having this issue out of nowhere :( it makes osbot unusable

look for java 8. osbot only works using java 8