Patterns in bans

Lol_marcus

I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this pattern between their accounts, it goes as follows:

There are 2 types of bans that I receive, PERM ban and a 2 day ban.

I've noticed that if I'm F2P, it doesn't matter how old or how many levels the account has, it always receives a permanent ban. 

However, if the account is P2P, has a decent total level (500+) and is fairly old (at least half a year old), I always receive a 2 day ban first, and only then a permanent ban.

I realized this when I got 2 accounts between 500-600 total level to 99 smithing, and proceeded to bot on them 6-8 hours a day. The F2P account was perm banned in a few weeks time while the P2P account not only took 1 weeks longer to receive its ban, but it was a 2 day.

Has anyone else noticed this pattern with bans?

In one of their developer talks Jagex said they are sometimes lenient with their bans on older and higher level accounts. They said because people might get the grand idea they could bot on their main account, Jagex just wants to warn them that they can't and if they do they will be caught.

Their mentality is that if the person does decide to continue botting on their account they will eventually be caught and banned again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExtraBotz said:

In one of their developer talks Jagex said they are sometimes lenient with their bans on older and higher level accounts. They said because people might get the grand idea they could bot on their main account, Jagex just wants to warn them that they can't and if they do they will be caught.

Their mentality is that if the person does decide to continue botting on their account they will eventually be caught and banned again.

Ahh! So it is a thing. I never knew that. Thanks for sharing. :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 5:10 AM, ExtraBotz said:

good to know