How do I alternate through accounts?

RealestG

I'm aiming to have 6 accounts run the script for 4 hours then switch to the next queued account for 4 hours and so on, in a loop. Ideally the 6 accounts would use the same Runescape window so i don't have to leave a bunch of windows open, same with the OSBot client. My VPS I'm using can only run 2 accounts at the same time so it would actually end up being 6 accounts in each of the 2 different windows inside the OSBot client (totaling to 12, not sure how well I worded that lol).

I've looked through the api and the forums, haven't found an answer by myself yet. I must be missing something. I'm thinking I need to get my own login handler rather than OSBots? I have seen Explv's login handler in snippets. Thank you for any help. <3

Quick note: To clarify, each account would only be running 4/24 hours of the day. Because of that I don't want to have extra (OSBot and Runescape) clients open that aren't being used 20 hours a day running taking up resources.

Edited by RealestG

Don't add more clients within the osbot client. This will cause problems.

If you want to run more than one instance of mirror mode or stealth injection do so by opening more clients as opposed to doing inside the one client. It uses a lot more CPU usage and is quite unstable from what I've heard. 

As for the other stuff, I'm not helpful in the slightest.

Hmmm so you are wanting to run 6 accounts for 4 hours than switch to the other 6 accounts for 4 hours, and loop again? Your second sentence has me a tad confused though. It seems that the VPS you are using can only run 2 accounts at one time. So with this, I'm not sure how you are running the other 4 accounts to equal to the wanted 6 to be ran. Unless you are running 2 accounts at one time for 4 hours and repeating that 2 more times to equal to a total of 6 ran accounts. After which you would like to start the same process but with the other batch of accounts? Than once those accounts have completed their turns. You want it to than reset back to the original batch of accounts and repeat?

If so, and you are the one who wrote the script, than the solution is rather easy. Timers and a custom class.

Create a class that stores the accounts information that each client will be using. Create a timer that after 4 hours of runtime, you logout of the current account and use the next account information. Once you reach the last stored account information just loop back to the beginning.

Edited by BravoTaco

8 minutes ago, BravoTaco said:

Hmmm so you are wanting to run 6 accounts for 4 hours than switch to the other 6 accounts for 4 hours, and loop again? Your second sentence has me a tad confused though. It seems that the VPS you are using can only run 2 accounts at one time. So with this, I'm not sure how you are running the other 4 accounts to equal to the wanted 6 to be ran. Or do you want to run a total of 6 accounts for 4 hours each which in turn would mean you are running 2 accounts for 4 hours than switching to the next 2 out of that batch of 6 for 4 hours, than do that one more time to equal out to a total of 6 accounts that have ran the script for 4 hours. Than you would like to start the same process but with the other batch of accounts? Than once those accounts have completed their turns at running 2 accounts per 4 hours, 3 times. You want it to than reset back to the original batch of accounts and repeat?

If so, and you are the one who wrote the script, than the solution is rather easy. Timers and a custom class.

Create a class that stores the accounts information that each client will be using. Create a timer that after 4 hours of runtime, you logout of the current account and use the next account information. Once you reach the last stored account information just loop back to the beginning.

Thank you, and sorry for the wording, I would be running 2 at a time, but cycling through 12 accounts at 4 hour intervals.

1 hour ago, Space said:

Don't add more clients within the osbot client. This will cause problems.

If you want to run more than one instance of mirror mode or stealth injection do so by opening more clients as opposed to doing inside the one client. It uses a lot more CPU usage and is quite unstable from what I've heard. 

As for the other stuff, I'm not helpful in the slightest.

Tysm. I've noticed when I have one account going its basically flawless, but when I have 2 windows open in the client, it occasionally bugs out from lagging. I'll be sure to remember that from now on 😁

Just showing you should know as well, jagex keeps tracks of IP address so actually having several osBOT apps opening would be better using different proxies on each, but that personal preference

Logically you would need to have a timer on the script just stating to logout in 4 hours and log another account in right after.