Double ban

EPLS

Been botting for a week now using APA Sand Crabs and got hit with a double ban this morning. This is a first for me. Does this mean Stealth Quester tripped it off? The night before yesterday I botted Monkey Madness, Tree Gnome, The Grand Tree and it was buggy during two of those quests, so it would make sense if they both somehow set bans off. At the same time, I have a hard time believing Jagex' bot detection is so good that it detected the few minutes of being buggy (or maybe certain movements were too fast, idk, that's why I'm posting this).

The only difference between now and the past few nights is changing my WiFi connection, but I really don't think the IP I'm using is anymore flagged than the one I usually use at home.

Edited by EPLS

Definitely do not do more than 2 quests in one sitting. I've been banned once before and ended up doing +8 quests during the course of an entire day, in addition to about an hour and a half of agility. 

Best advice I've found: Switch up skills frequently, maybe spend 1hr in one sitting tops. Also don't bot long hours - maybe limit it to 2-3hrs a day max and you should be good overall.  Important to note, there are certain skills which seem to trigger a higher ban rate no matter what. 

2 hours ago, NoCC said:

You shouldn't bot more than 1 quest at a time and then play legit for couple hours or even days.

It's most likely the quests.

Been playing around with Stealth quester and all of the accounts I ran got banned.

Yeah, I've been pretty good about avoiding bans this past week, got impatient with the quests... didn't run the immediately back to back though, small breaks inbetween each, breaks during MM as well. It would make sense if SQ is what got me banned because I was banned on my other Sand Crabs acc after botting a couple quests.

1 hour ago, Juiced308 said:

Best advice I've found: Switch up skills frequently, maybe spend 1hr in one sitting tops. Also don't bot long hours - maybe limit it to 2-3hrs a day max and you should be good overall.  Important to note, there are certain skills which seem to trigger a higher ban rate no matter what. 

Botting to setup Zulrah again so 2-3 hours is a bit slow. Have had excellent success doing 6-8 hours at both Sand Crabs (recently) and Zulrah (in the past). My only intention was to setup a Zulrah farming acc so no other skills were going to be botted except for combat related.

25 minutes ago, shreder said:

Quest can trigger bans because they require so many actions. It's like feeding jagex data.

That makes sense. Prob explains why people are able to max NMZ accounts botting or why I'm able to last so long doing Sand Crabs, not much action involved.

Ty for the advice everyone!

The most amount of quests I’ve done before in a single day without a ban is up to 4 quests at a time, but this was done with a different premium questing script on a different client. If I had to say what put the nail in the coffin it’d likely be monkey madness since that quest is the longest of the quests you listed. 

Edited by arbicrax172

9 minutes ago, EPLS said:

Yeah, I've been pretty good about avoiding bans this past week, got impatient with the quests... didn't run the immediately back to back though, small breaks inbetween each, breaks during MM as well. It would make sense if SQ is what got me banned because I was banned on my other Sand Crabs acc after botting a couple quests.

Botting to setup Zulrah again so 2-3 hours is a bit slow. Have had excellent success doing 6-8 hours at both Sand Crabs (recently) and Zulrah (in the past). My only intention was to setup a Zulrah farming acc so no other skills were going to be botted except for combat related.

That makes sense. Prob explains why people are able to max NMZ accounts botting or why I'm able to last so long doing Sand Crabs, not much action involved.

Ty for the advice everyone!

Exactly even though people dismiss the idea that jagex uses machine learning it's become obvious. In the past I used scripts that click once every 15mins and lasted 1000hr+ no bans or extremely rare. But jagex does use other metrics we don't know 100% about that because its more difficult to prove which metric they check.

Also I noticed you are not VIP, does that mean you have not been using mirror mode?

When using stealth quester and other more click intensive scripts with injection I would almost always hit a ban the next day.

Since I switched to mirror mode my bans have gone down drastically.  I even had a script hang hard spam clicking during monkey madness (before the path finding was fixed a few weeks ago on it) and that account still didnt get banned.

But could also be a bit of luck who knows 😉 

1 hour ago, arbicrax172 said:

The most amount of quests I’ve done before in a single day without a ban is up to 4 quests at a time, but this was done with a different premium questing script on a different client. If I had to say what put the nail in the coffin it’d likely be monkey madness since that quest is the longest of the quests you listed. 

Yeah, I had a bad feeling when I was running it, especially when it hit a break lol. I'm probably gunna give a Zulrah acc run one more go, this time manual questing. If I can't even make it to Zulrah gg lol.

1 hour ago, shreder said:

Exactly even though people dismiss the idea that jagex uses machine learning it's become obvious. In the past I used scripts that click once every 15mins and lasted 1000hr+ no bans or extremely rare. But jagex does use other metrics we don't know 100% about that because its more difficult to prove which metric they check.

Absolutely. I'm sure they have the resources to continue to upgrade their anti-bot systems. It seems like machine learning is being implemented everywhere nowadays so I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of system being built using it. It would be interesting to see some sort of AI/machine learning program that scans all sorts of data from previously banned botting accounts to improve detection.

48 minutes ago, Botthestrange said:

Also I noticed you are not VIP, does that mean you have not been using mirror mode?

When using stealth quester and other more click intensive scripts with injection I would almost always hit a ban the next day.

Since I switched to mirror mode my bans have gone down drastically.  I even had a script hang hard spam clicking during monkey madness (before the path finding was fixed a few weeks ago on it) and that account still didnt get banned.

Good point. Before I do a manual quest run I'll see if mirror mode will dodge a ban doing the same exact thing as before. I thought of that before starting this account, but according to my OSBot purchases page I only had VIP for the first month of my Zulrah run and then for following 4 months went without it, racking up 10.3k kills and 1.18b on the same acc... so thought I would be good. Prob did questing the first mo though so yee. Will have to give that a go.

6 minutes ago, EPLS said:

Yeah, I had a bad feeling when I was running it, especially when it hit a break lol. I'm probably gunna give a Zulrah acc run one more go, this time manual questing. If I can't even make it to Zulrah gg lol.

Absolutely. I'm sure they have the resources to continue to upgrade their anti-bot systems. It seems like machine learning is being implemented everywhere nowadays so I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of system being built using it. It would be interesting to see some sort of AI/machine learning program that scans all sorts of data from previously banned botting accounts to improve detection.

Good point. Before I do a manual quest run I'll see if mirror mode will dodge a ban doing the same exact thing as before. I thought of that before starting this account, but according to my OSBot purchases page I only had VIP for the first month of my Zulrah run and then for following 4 months went without it, racking up 10.3k kills and 1.18b on the same acc... so thought I would be good. Prob did questing the first mo though so yee. Will have to give that a go.

we could certainly use simple forms of machine learning to enhance scripts.

7 hours ago, Botthestrange said:

hi bro can you give some information about mirror mode? what is it? i want to become vip but i want to know it first