New Account Restrictions!!! (02/04/20)

clopido

The latest update introduced the Easter event and some new account restrictions to combat botters!!! Coming from someone who was suicide botting during the update on a day old level 3 (SMH), any ideas on the quickest way around these new restrictions??

New restrictions from Jagex:

From now on, the following rules will be in place for all brand-new F2P accounts:

• Items dropped by a brand-new account cannot be picked up by other players, although brand-new players can still pick up items dropped by others.
  • If a brand-new player is PK’d, the PKer will still receive most of their tradable items – the exception is noted items, which are capped at 20 notes per item.
  • Brand-new players may receive items in a trade but cannot give items away.
  • Brand-new players cannot log in to PvP worlds.
  • Brand-new players cannot create ‘Sell’ offers for commonly botted items on the GE.
  • Brand-new players cannot add items to the Party Chest.
  • Brand-new players cannot stake in the Duel Arena.

These restrictions can be removed by logging over 20 hours of game time, earning 10 quest points, and reaching 100 total level. Alternatively, you can purchase membership to bypass these requirements

4 hours ago, clopido said:

There's always one (eyeroll). Let me paraphrase, disregarding membership, what do you guys think is the quickest way to meet the requirements? Also, is there another workaround?

Romeo & Juliet + Goblin Diplomacy

Both take just afew min, both give 5qp, get afew skills to 20-30 or one skill to 69. Afk for remaining hours >.<

Supports both quests if yee lazy

Edited by Wes

5 hours ago, Wes said:

Romeo & Juliet + Goblin Diplomacy

Both take just afew min, both give 5qp, get afew skills to 20-30 or one skill to 69. Afk for remaining hours >.<

Supports both quests if yee lazy

afk for the remaining hours is probably the hardest part in terms of botting. it's exactly what jagex is aiming for, which is getting rid of the mass f2p accounts made for things like woodcutting, water filling etc...
if your account needs to have been logged in for 20 hours then they have a much better chance of banning you before you even get to botting. all the automated farms that would make mass accounts, then automatically bot 7qp and suicide bot for a few hours before getting banned are no longer a thing as far as i can tell.

8 hours ago, clopido said:

There's always one (eyeroll). Let me paraphrase, disregarding membership, what do you guys think is the quickest way to meet the requirements? Also, is there another workaround?

You asked for the quickest ways to meet the requirements, I gave them to you. There's no magic way of getting around the requirements.

• 3 weeks later...

issue now is jagex really ramped up their bot detection also from what it feels like anyways i remember before this restriction i could at least last slightly more than a day...

the restrictions are a pain in the butt haha usually you get banned fast,. honestly if you have the means p2p and no headaches maybe the way to go from here on out.

Edited by shreder