Client stops and freezes, nog logger, anyone?

aariejj

Hello,

I have a problem with mirror mode.

Sometimes when i press pause/stop the client gets stuck/freezes, and i have to use taskmanager to close it and restart the client. This isn't everytime when i press pause or stop, but more like 25% of the time. Random, and nothing in logger.

2nd problem (maybe same as above) is, when i'm running Molly chaos druid script, the script random stop fighting, when i try to stop the bot by pause/srop button, the client gets stuck/freezes and have to close and restart te client by taskmanager.

Is this is common problem? Please help me, thank you.

1 hour ago, aariejj said:

Hello,

I have a problem with mirror mode.

Sometimes when i press pause/stop the client gets stuck/freezes, and i have to use taskmanager to close it and restart the client. This isn't everytime when i press pause or stop, but more like 25% of the time. Random, and nothing in logger.

2nd problem (maybe same as above) is, when i'm running Molly chaos druid script, the script random stop fighting, when i try to stop the bot by pause/srop button, the client gets stuck/freezes and have to close and restart te client by taskmanager.

Is this is common problem? Please help me, thank you.

Try restarting your computer, clearing jagex/osbot cache with Project pacts tool.

You'll need to manually uninstall/reinstall the official client if you do this.

Edited by itsmejb4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, itsmejb4 said:

Try restarting your computer, clearing jagex/osbot cache with Project pacts tool.

You'll need to manually uninstall/reinstall the official client if you do this.

After the latest updated this is exactly what I had to do and it has resolved the issue for me.

• Like 1

Yep, got the same issue. Script stops working and at that point if you click stop/pause it freezes all client interactivity but the actual game is still running (enemies walking around etc. you just can't move, turn or interact with any client functions)

You have to get back to the login screen to avoid getting a freeze once you press stop/pause, so either get 10-min logged for inactivity or logout manually using the PGUP hotkey to toggle your mouse back on. Once logged out you can stop/pause without freezing the client. If it freezes you have to use the task manager to force-close the client though.

I've reinstalled both clients and cleared my cache and re-downloaded java as well. It seems, although I can't say definitively, that doing some of these things might help: Running the client in low CPU mode, using Perfect Fighter's performance mode (low CPU or whatever it's called) and for some reason setting the java.exe process to: Priority > Low. From what I can tell it seems to happen if the client starts screwing with your CPU which sometimes happens really fast (~30 min) but sometimes it can go for like 4-5 hours. The memory use doesn't seem to be the problem for me at least, it can go through the roof and I still seem to be fine (16GB ram, the memory use sometimes goes up by 4-5 times over the course of a couple hours compared to right after launching the client and starting a script).

And as I said this is just what seems to reduce the frequency of the issue for me but it still happens so it could just be circumstantial, idk.

3 hours ago, osrsf2p said:

Yep, got the same issue. Script stops working and at that point if you click stop/pause it freezes all client interactivity but the actual game is still running (enemies walking around etc. you just can't move, turn or interact with any client functions)

You have to get back to the login screen to avoid getting a freeze once you press stop/pause, so either get 10-min logged for inactivity or logout manually using the PGUP hotkey to toggle your mouse back on. Once logged out you can stop/pause without freezing the client. If it freezes you have to use the task manager to force-close the client though.

I've reinstalled both clients and cleared my cache and re-downloaded java as well. It seems, although I can't say definitively, that doing some of these things might help: Running the client in low CPU mode, using Perfect Fighter's performance mode (low CPU or whatever it's called) and for some reason setting the java.exe process to: Priority > Low. From what I can tell it seems to happen if the client starts screwing with your CPU which sometimes happens really fast (~30 min) but sometimes it can go for like 4-5 hours. The memory use doesn't seem to be the problem for me at least, it can go through the roof and I still seem to be fine (16GB ram, the memory use sometimes goes up by 4-5 times over the course of a couple hours compared to right after launching the client and starting a script).

And as I said this is just what seems to reduce the frequency of the issue for me but it still happens so it could just be circumstantial, idk.

@osrsf2p

Okay thank you very much for this answer. I will try this <3

What version of java are u using? jdk 8 181 32bit? and what kind of mirror client u using, RS original or osbuddy?

Is this a common problem for others players? And can someone fix this? 😛 

21 hours ago, aariejj said:

@osrsf2p

Okay thank you very much for this answer. I will try this <3

What version of java are u using? jdk 8 181 32bit? and what kind of mirror client u using, RS original or osbuddy?

Is this a common problem for others players? And can someone fix this? 😛 

Java 8 update 241 64-bit, I'm using the regular oldschool runescape client.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, osrsf2p said:

Are you still having this problem?

I just started experiencing this