AIO SafeSpotter

Camaro

On 4/29/2022 at 6:12 AM, jujusock said:

This script works really great, can it be launched via CLI at the moment?

EDIT: the script has disappeared from my script list :( did this happen to anyone before?

currently no cli options, as there is no gathering equipment/items/walking to location startup logic. And you should just be able to add it back from the store.

13 hours ago, Camaro said:

currently no cli options, as there is no gathering equipment/items/walking to location startup logic. And you should just be able to add it back from the store.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb questions but I am fairly new - What is CLI support?

Also are you planning or thinking of writing a Combat progressive script similar? 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:38 AM, Rydong said:

I'm sorry if this is a dumb questions but I am fairly new - What is CLI support?

Also are you planning or thinking of writing a Combat progressive script similar? 

CLI support is the ability to start the osbot client from the command line with predefined parameters and have it automatically start a script. Unfortunately, there are no plans for implementing that or progressive fighting at the moment.

Would you mind sharing a rough idea how do the script determine a safespot?

I came to realize safespotting is such a useful technique in questing and boss fighting and would like to try implementing it.

Ran the script for a few days and it is has been running flawlessly, I am interested in knowing more how it works but certainly fine if thats too much of an ask.

Edited by Slick

On 6/28/2020 at 2:32 PM, botimusprime said:

Script is already amazing but would you consider two small additions?

-Re - equip picked up arrows after x amount.

-Ranging potion support

Would take this to another level for leaving bot alone

you can talk to the range tutor in lumbridge to automatically equip arrows when looted (current ammo only so if your shooting iron arrows and looting iron arrows they go straight to the quiver) this applies to runes and the rune pouch and mage tutor respectively.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 4:13 PM, Slick said:

Would you mind sharing a rough idea how do the script determine a safespot?

I came to realize safespotting is such a useful technique in questing and boss fighting and would like to try implementing it.

Ran the script for a few days and it is has been running flawlessly, I am interested in knowing more how it works but certainly fine if thats too much of an ask.

I have an algorithm that can calculate line of sight between spot a and spot b by checking the collision flags. I have another algorithm that determines if an npc can reach you by simulating the path it will take to walk to you by also checking collision flags. The second algorithm is probably the one you would need. You can determine how it works pretty easily by just watching how npcs walk towards you in the game. npcs will only move toward you in both the x and y directions first, x direction second, then y direction last based on which one it is able to do. They never move away unless you are out of its range, then it will only move backwards (extremely annoying when I made this script.) If an npc covers multiple positions, its main position is always the south-west post position. Feel free to message me if you need more info.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Sick Cunce said:

Hi. This script doesnt work in wizards tower with the lesser demon

Are you able to somehow fix this? Thanks

This script is designed for more complex safespotting where it needs to run behind objects. There is a major limitation (as mentioned on the first page) where it will not work if the npc is not reachable, as is true with the wizards tower. I am sure there is another script out there that can handle this simple task.