Ubuntu Java 8 launch blank screen

sliskoning96

Hello everyone

I recently downloaded OSbot and I am trying to get it working on an Ubuntu 19 server. Firstly I installed Java 11, the launcher booted fine with Java 11, I could download the WebWalker and login. But when it tries to launch the client itself it says it doens't support Java 11. So I went ahead and installed Java 8 (sudo apt install openjdk-8-jre). When I do this I can still boot the launcher but all I see is a blank grey screen. Is there anyone that has an idea what may cause this and how I could be able to fix ti?

Thank you in advance

This is how the windows looks with Java 8 JRE:

image.png.de1ec6002d069f1ac65151ed75ba1967.png

Thank you @splatbug for the response.  I uninstalled all my Java versions and went through the article you supplied but unfortunately the same problem persists.

Update:
I tried another JAR file which also uses GUI. (A small game I made a couple of months ago). The JAR file of the game also shows the same behaviour when launched. 

Thank you for the response @gay_retard. I tried exactly the same steps as you did:

image.thumb.png.35a3ae6749217356abf024aad2520bf8.png

And it still doesn't work. Maybe I should note that I am trying this on a dedicated server with Ubuntu 19.10, 32GB of ram and an Intel Xeon E3-1245. Is it possible that, somewhere, there are some graphical settings that need to be changed?

What happens if you do

java -jar osbot.jar -login osbot_username:osbot_passw -allow lowcpu,lowresource

? btw remember to obfuscate the output if you're going to post it since it contains your user:pass

Also, could you hop in the discord, it's a pain to troubleshoot over forum posts 😅

Edited by gay_retard