Copyright and Art

Dainc

8 hours ago, Kramnik said:

My guess would be is that you can. Not that you will, but if you want to be 100% safe use free to use content or paid like from shuterstock

8 hours ago, Muffins said:

what you're trying to do is literally the definition of copyright infringement lol

So there's literally no way round it? Even if I added text/changed colour?

On 1/6/2020 at 9:27 PM, Muffins said:

Its not your artwork... so no.... lol. You literally use the word STEAL in your question.

7HkCXK2.png

Source: One of my parents work with copyright/trademark law lol

How do people get away with using movie clips in their videos etc? Surely there's a way round it. I'm sure I read somewhere that if I add a simple line over the image it becomes mine?

4 hours ago, Dainc said:

How do people get away with using movie clips in their videos etc? Surely there's a way round it. I'm sure I read somewhere that if I add a simple line over the image it becomes mine?

you know what, it's not worth my time explaining things if you think "adding a line over the image" makes it yours.

5 hours ago, Dainc said:

There is laws about movie clips or music. Can't say exact rules, but for e.g. you can't play 5 secods of song before you get copyright striked. If you find someone using there could be many cases if let's say youtube channel is huge, maybe they contacted movie producers to get right to play 1 minute of it for some price. And if the channel is small maybe it's new and doesn't give a shit if it will be banned or smth. It doesn't mean it simple has a way around it.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 7:10 PM, Dainc said:

It's called Fair Use. It doesn't sound like your situation qualifies. Adding a line over it doesn't make it yours. Read credible sources. 

21 hours ago, Dainc said:

A true example of a Mod on a power struggle.

You're in the wrong here. Chill.