Anyone here do BJJ?

REDMAGE

Curious to see if there are other Brazilian Jiu Jit isu practitioners in the forum. I've been training BJJ for about 3 years, have a blue belt, and competed in 6 events or so to date.  Would be cool to see other practitioners on the boards, or possibly see if anyone is interested in asking questions about it. I'm so passionate about it that I get awkward. 😅

• Administrator
6 hours ago, REDMAGE said:

Curious to see if there are other Brazilian Jiu Jit isu practitioners in the forum. I've been training BJJ for about 3 years, have a blue belt, and competed in 6 events or so to date.  Would be cool to see other practitioners on the boards, or possibly see if anyone is interested in asking questions about it. I'm so passionate about it that I get awkward. 😅

I've been to a few classes. I've been a die hard mma fan(ufc and some bellator) for about 10 years. I really wish i had more time to go and the motiviation. Have you won any tournaments? What events have you went and competed at?

On 12/30/2019 at 7:02 AM, Maldesto said:

I've been to a few classes. I've been a die hard mma fan(ufc and some bellator) for about 10 years. I really wish i had more time to go and the motiviation. Have you won any tournaments? What events have you went and competed at?

That's awesome. I find that finding motivation for striking arts is hard to find if you're not a fan of being punched in the face. And quite the opposite for grappling lol.

One of the guys on our team had his 3rd pro fight in Belator. By far the coolest event I ever got to travel for.

I started in kickboxing. Did it for about 3 years taking 5 matches in that time (4-1). Dabbled a little bit in MMA (2-0). Then realized my grappling sucked, started training it, and the rest is history. 

I've competed in Grappling Industries, Checkmate Submission Only, FUJI, and St. Croix Grappling Games. I think accumatively I have about 5 gold medals, 5 silvers, and 1 bronze. My last competition  (11/16) was my first time as a blue belt taking double golds. 

I don't know if you find BJJ matchds entertaining, but I have private links to my matches if you'd like to see.