Absolute idiot here trying to learn how to create scripts from scratch

Brucey

Hi!

There has probably been a couple of hundred posts like these before, and you're probably tired of them. (Sorry)

I work in economics and nothing I do in my life has anything to do with programming, but botting/scripting really fascinated me when I was younger and still does. I want to try to learn it on my free time.
I'm going to buy some random java programming guide and slowly get into it so that in the end I can create my own cow killing bot, that would excite the heck out of me. There are a couple of things that confuse me though which I would be really thankful if someone could explain to me.

TLDR; I'm a big noob and I'm jealous of all you guys who know how to create your own scripts. I want to learn how all of this works and I have a couple of questions.

How do you link the client to your own scripts that you create through java?
I think that's my main concern, the whole process of linking your script together with the OSbot client in order to test the scripts.
If anyone has any other tips I would seriously appreciate it.

Thank you! And sorry again for another one of these posts.

There are quite alot of tutorials on here for creating a script. But i would first recommend getting familar with java and how programming works in general. Look up information on object oriented programming and try to create a simple program like a calculator that can add and subtract from user input. While being able to show the history of the past operations.

Hope it all goes well. If you need any help feel free to pm me.

@Brucey
Part 1 here may help if you're using Intellij. It should be a similar process I am guessing for other programs. The linking thing is this I am guessing btw. That or your asking about the OSBot local script folder which is located C:\User\Your Computer's username That's where you put your script so it will show up in the script list. FYI every time you update the script you need to hit refresh in the script list and do NOT need to restart the client every time.

Thank you all so much for the replies!

12 hours ago, BravoTaco said:

There are quite alot of tutorials on here for creating a script. But i would first recommend getting familar with java and how programming works in general. Look up information on object oriented programming and try to create a simple program like a calculator that can add and subtract from user input. While being able to show the history of the past operations.

Hope it all goes well. If you need any help feel free to pm me.

This sounds smart, I'll try to learn the basics and move on from there.

Cheers! 😁