Rc running bots

Ray Reddington

30 minutes ago, Probability said:

Lower than normal, but still possible.

It's said many times on this forum but if you bot, you have a high risk of getting banned. 

And idk If you read the post but I would not be botting on my main or my IP....so your comment about botting and risk of being banned is invalid as I stated I would be playing the account legitly 

11 minutes ago, Ray Reddington said:

And idk If you read the post but I would not be botting on my main or my IP....so your comment about botting and risk of being banned is invalid as I stated I would be playing the account legitly 

Yes I did read your post and I meant what I wrote. Malcolm has also confirmed the same above.

28 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

It is possible for your main to be banned if you are using rc running bots because even though your main itself is not botting, it is benefiting from botting and if Jagex figure it out they certainly can ban your main.

Doesn't matter what IP the bots are on, the bots will be giving your main a benefit.

18 minutes ago, Probability said:

Yes I did read your post and I meant what I wrote. Malcolm has also confirmed the same above.

So for example, I pay someone to run pure ess for me at lava runes which is completely legal, that person that I pay actually is botting their runners without my knowledge they can ban me? Lol seems silly to me 

15 minutes ago, Hussain1e said:

My main (bot free and rs3 only) got banned after I was botting simultaneously on a OSRS account. I was playing both accounts on the same IP and my main had never any bans or warnings whatsoever.

Not sure what this has to do with anything but alright lol 

1 hour ago, Ray Reddington said:

So for example, I pay someone to run pure ess for me at lava runes which is completely legal, that person that I pay actually is botting their runners without my knowledge they can ban me? Lol seems silly to me 

Sounds like you've discovered the perfect antiban. Maybe ask Mod Weath what he thinks.

3 hours ago, Ray Reddington said:

Whatre the chances of getting your main banned by having bots as rc runners? If you make the bots have seperate proxies so the ip is not linked to your main at all? And rcing on the main legitly 

Depending on how many bots you're running and how often you do it. But I would say low. If you really wanna test this; Then try making a few new accounts and just power level a f2p runecrafting for a while with runners. Fluctuate the runners hours and the account your power leveling is. Let's say you make 20k/hr at the Fire altar. 10 runners could make you up to like what? 180-200k/hr xp. Imagine if you did this with lava runes. But again like everyone else said above there still is a chance of a ban.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Yes I suppose you could.

Unless you could dispute the ban and provide proof that you had paid a runner who was instead using bots without your knowledge.

The burden is on you to be able to prove that to the best of your knowledge you were not breaking the rules.

I should add that it is actually quite rare for a "non botted account" to get banned because of interactions with bots but it is still possible and does happen occasionally.

10 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Depending on how many bots you're running and how often you do it. But I would say low. If you really wanna test this; Then try making a few new accounts and just power level a f2p runecrafting for a while with runners. Fluctuate the runners hours and the account your power leveling is. Let's say you make 20k/hr at the Fire altar. 10 runners could make you up to like what? 180-200k/hr xp. Imagine if you did this with lava runes. But again like everyone else said above there still is a chance of a ban.

Thank you for some actual good feedback, much appreciated 

I'd say the safest thing for botters is that Jagex needs to be careful about banning by association. Accidentally banning non botters would kill the game fast, nobody would play if they could accidentally get banned. So they have to try so hard to ONLY ban bots that your chance to get caught are pretty low. But obviously the chance still exists so try it at ur own risk.

Reading through this thread I have to laugh out loud a bit as to the tones of rudeness @Ray Reddington.

@Probability's feedback was perfectly fine. If you goldfarm on a bunch of bots with proxies and then mule on an account created and played on a completely different IP to the goldfarming bots, your muling account still gets banned. Same logic applies in this hypothetical situation you were asking an answer for.

4 hours ago, Arctic said:

Reading through this thread I have to laugh out loud a bit as to the tones of rudeness @Ray Reddington.

@Probability's feedback was perfectly fine. If you goldfarm on a bunch of bots with proxies and then mule on an account created and played on a completely different IP to the goldfarming bots, your muling account still gets banned. Same logic applies in this hypothetical situation you were asking an answer for.

Dont see where I was rude, he stated "its been said on this site that if you bot you are at risk of ban" I stated the fact that technically I am not  botting and gave a hypothetical situation as to which it would be the same concept as if I paid runners who botted which I had no knowledge of then I could be banned at that point as well which I said is silly. I guess that's being rude but thanks for you post count post :) as you gave no feedback to my original post, appreciate it :)

and from my own personal experience I have to disagree with your comment on the mule story. Based on my experience I've never had a mule banned. But again I don't wanna come off as "rude" so that is based off my personal experience you take it as you please. 

glad I a topic about botting could bring joy to your life and make you "laugh out loud" 

Edited by Ray Reddington

7 hours ago, Ray Reddington said:

Dont see where I was rude, he stated "its been said on this site that if you bot you are at risk of ban" I stated the fact that technically I am not  botting and gave a hypothetical situation as to which it would be the same concept as if I paid runners who botted which I had no knowledge of then I could be banned at that point as well which I said is silly. I guess that's being rude but thanks for you post count post :) as you gave no feedback to my original post, appreciate it :)

and from my own personal experience I have to disagree with your comment on the mule story. Based on my experience I've never had a mule banned. But again I don't wanna come off as "rude" so that is based off my personal experience you take it as you please. 

glad I a topic about botting could bring joy to your life and make you "laugh out loud" 

Getting banned for botting isn't a court room. There's no technicalities, you don't explain your case, and weath doesn't review every ban before it happens. The system either flags you for banning or it doesn't. So that comment about if you bot you get banned is accurate. You're "technically" not botting but if you have to ask whether you'll get banned for botting by doing that then you're probably botting, so you'd best hope the system doesn't detect you for it. 

• Like 1