Improving your script to be less banable

Kramnik

Hi,

Yesterday I created a topic about my problem that my bans are getting more frequent and frequent and long story shot fellow botters advised that script needs to be changed to stop being detectable. If you want to check the topic the link is here: Topic

In this topic I want only touch the scripting part. Planning after work to jump and rescript my script and hope maybe someone can give me advise how can a script be improved in this manner. As far as I know changing sleep time doesn't do much as you have lag in the first place and things like checking woodcutting xp became a joke to whole botting community. :D Any tips what could be implemented is welcome. Thanks :) 

16 minutes ago, Protoprize said:

Not gonna lie, but my method of staying away from bans is botting on a VM (Ubuntu)...... cannot confirm anything, but I've noticed a massive ban rate decline compared to botting on windows (even with mirror mode)

How is the situation with resourses? If can run 30 bots normally it wouldn't be feasible using VMs, right?

I think the idea is to make it less like the 'other' bots out there. Maybe observe what they do and have your script act differently.

There is a theory that Jagex's detection algorithm using machine learning to develop profiles for certain kinds of bots. Which is why free scripts have higher ban rates than private ones (unfortunately this idea may be biased in that those who pay/create scripts bot more cautiously than those who use free scripts....apologies to anyone who I've generalised about...).

These machine identified accounts can be examined more closely. This enables you to go down from a large dataset of potential bots into a smaller one.

E.g.

Is it f2p? Yes  -> Common botted action? Yes -> Level 3? Yes -> Account made 7 mins ago? Yes -> Onto closer screening.

There's a point where the effort to be different isn't worth preventing a ban. So you have to keep this in mind.

• Like 1

It's getting worse.. 🤮

I created a new test account yesterday, wrote new unique scripts just for this account, ran it for ~10-12 hours yesterday, and banned this morning.... 
I used to get frustrated at 2-3 day runs before getting banned, but this is starting to feel hopeless (which is what Jagex wants)... 

On 9/27/2019 at 12:00 PM, poptartjake said:

It's getting worse.. 🤮

I created a new test account yesterday, wrote new unique scripts just for this account, ran it for ~10-12 hours yesterday, and banned this morning.... 
I used to get frustrated at 2-3 day runs before getting banned, but this is starting to feel hopeless (which is what Jagex wants)... 

Those immediate bans are all because of injection. Try mirror mode, avoid jagex working hours, and you won't be banned immediately like that. Also my rule of thumb for a main type acc is generally 4 hrs max/day, 20 hrs max per week.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 5:27 AM, DylanSRT said:

Those immediate bans are all because of injection. Try mirror mode, avoid jagex working hours, and you won't be banned immediately like that. Also my rule of thumb for a main type acc is generally 4 hrs max/day, 20 hrs max per week.

I don't use injection at all, nor do I use any bot that anyone else is using. 😉 

On 10/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, Probability said:

What are you doing to manage your IP's?

Jagex's detection is an automatic process so there must be some variable which is triggering it to look at you more closely.

No idea what variable is getting me caught. I'm running SOCKS5 proxies on each bot, though. No overlap