Paypal friends and family safe?

Valiant One

15 minutes ago, Valiant One said:

Do you have any experience with Revolut?

You can still get charge backs with that too.

The only safe way to sell gold is to use crypto or sell to a trusted, well known buyer/website.

Edit: Even then, people scam quit - but it's not very common. I've never had anyone scam quit on me, but I've heard of it happening.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

If you're dealing with people that have low rep, I would make them send the money first via F&F, and then once that has gone through trade the gold. Or either use a MM if you can afford the time/money that comes with it. When in doubt use a MM, or if doing a decent amount trade 1/2 gold then wait for payment to come through then trade next 1/2. Just be safe. :s

1 minute ago, Runnwith said:

If you're dealing with people that have low rep, I would make them send the money first via F&F, and then once that has gone through trade the gold. Or either use a MM if you can afford the time/money that comes with it. When in doubt use a MM, or if doing a decent amount trade 1/2 gold then wait for payment to come through then trade next 1/2. Just be safe. :s

It doesn't matter if they send the money first or not, they have up to 120 days to charge back if they wish to do so.

A middleman can't prevent a charge back on PayPal, that is entirely out of their hands.

18 minutes ago, Valiant One said:

I'm just personally afraid they will ban my IRL bank acc for trading crypto. Crypto is under some fire here because govt's are afraid of black market.

You get the crypto, you go to black market and trade it for cash in real life. Take the cash in real life to the bank.
That or just use bogla to sell your gold to and call it a day. Losing $20-40 on 1b is better than losing the entire amount of the money if they charge back

13 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

It doesn't matter if they send the money first or not, they have up to 120 days to charge back if they wish to do so.

A middleman can't prevent a charge back on PayPal, that is entirely out of their hands.

I was just talking about the method to trading over the gold. Chargebacks are possible and a pain in the ass. That's why when I sell gold I usually get a confirmation to hopefully use in the dispute if they do. //shrug

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...