Oldschool GP

Space

Why is the runescape market so saturated at the minute? About 2/3 months ago I bought some GP for $0.68 p/m thinking about selling some of it and the prices are like $0.45-49 p/m. Is it simply due to the fact there's more gp coming into the game making the price cheaper? I remember a few year back when it was like $1.12 p/m. Do you guys think that the price will continue to go down as opposed to going back up? I know a lot of it's due to demand and what not. Will the runescape economy ever get as bad as runescape 3s?

Who we blaming, the Venezuelans? 

16 minutes ago, Space said:

Why is the runescape market so saturated at the minute? About 2/3 months ago I bought some GP for $0.68 p/m thinking about selling some of it and the prices are like $0.45-49 p/m. Is it simply due to the fact there's more gp coming into the game making the price cheaper? I remember a few year back when it was like $1.12 p/m. Do you guys think that the price will continue to go down as opposed to going back up? I know a lot of it's due to demand and what not. Will the runescape economy ever get as bad as runescape 3s?

Who we blaming, the Venezuelans? 

probably like everything, it will go up.

Because Jagex are constantly introducing ways to make insane amounts of money, without having any proper mechanic to combat inflation.
Apart from a couple of gold sinks they introduced such as paying to retrieve items from instanced deaths, I think the duel arena together with skills such as Prayer/Construction are the only ways for gold to leave the game.

The 2-minute timer on deaths would help a lot I believe, if they ever revert it seeing it was supposed to be temporary. Lot's of high end gear would be leaving the game, keeping their prices in check.

Well, like any economy, more currency = less value.

The price has been dropping steadily since release and will continue to do so unless massive gold sinks.

Take a look at the graph over 1 year. (Obviously not completely accurate!) The spikes you see are usually created by events/actions that either remove masses of gold from the game, or make it harder to sell it.

On a side note, where are you finding gold for $0.45-49 p/m? That seems quite low. If you are trying to sell to a mainstream gold-selling site, obviously they are going to give you scraps for gold. 

Capture.PNG

7 hours ago, Chris050999 said:

Well, like any economy, more currency = less value.

The price has been dropping steadily since release and will continue to do so unless massive gold sinks.

Take a look at the graph over 1 year. (Obviously not completely accurate!) The spikes you see are usually created by events/actions that either remove masses of gold from the game, or make it harder to sell it.

On a side note, where are you finding gold for $0.45-49 p/m? That seems quite low. If you are trying to sell to a mainstream gold-selling site, obviously they are going to give you scraps for gold. 

Capture.PNG

What are those USD values? USD every 40m GP or something?

6 hours ago, Proton said:

What are those USD values? USD every 40m GP or something?

USD per 30m :)
However, the point was to highlight a stable decline in value, not the value itself.

This is just one website though, so as I mentioned earlier, it wont be completely accurate.

Edited by Chris050999

1 hour ago, Lost Panda said:

Constant new money making ways without having any new money sinks or so

Also player base increase ect

Gold price usually goes down around this time then goes back up at end of the year (trend of past 2 yrs)

I’ve noticed it peaks more during the likes of Christmas when “kids” get Christmas money. Seems like a huge decline as of recent, even with mobile coming out I thought the market would have been booming for people wanting quick entry into high-tier weapons/armour 

The fact is that OSRS gold will continue to slowly decrease in price until it is no longer profitable for small-scale gold farmers.

I believe the biggest factor is that people have been selling 7 day trial memberships due to OSRS mobile. All users have to do is purchase gmail accounts in bulk, some virtual credit cards, and they can get unlimited (NEARLY FREE) OSRS membership. This has been going on for a long time, I even started purchasing these accounts months ago myself as they're only about 1.5-2m each rather than paying 4-5m for a bond.

If the 7 day trials can be completely removed - we could see a slight increase in gold prices, but until then - I see them decreasing fairly steadily.

• 1 month later...