Add a Cancel Billing Agreement for PayPal

Naked

54 minutes ago, Naked said:

But people don't know that they have to do that. I wouldn't imagine it would take more than an hour of dev work to add a button under subscriptions

I mean.....I wouldn't imagine someone would have a PayPal account and not know how to cancel a subscription. 

Might as well call it "Financial selection" :boge:

3 hours ago, Jackthedon said:

I mean.....I wouldn't imagine someone would have a PayPal account and not know how to cancel a subscription. 

Might as well call it "Financial selection" :boge:

God forbid making life easier on people and minimizing confusion by having an on-site cancel button for your subscription, amirite? 

3 hours ago, Mio said:

Since IPB's PayPal integration doesn't already have it implemented, then it may be easier said than done.

I wasn't aware of this. I'm not familiar with the IPB platform, but all you would need access to is the subscription plan id to make a workaround.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/subscriptions/full-integration/plan-management/#activate-plan

Edited by Naked

9 hours ago, Naked said:

Would probably save a lot of headaches for everyone involved.

They have no financial interest in adding this....

OsBot makes more money if people have a hard time canceling. How many times have you seen threads of people complaining they have paid for a month or two extra because they didn't know how to cancel it....

6 minutes ago, HunterRS said:

They have no financial interest in adding this....

OsBot makes more money if people have a hard time canceling. How many times have you seen threads of people complaining they have paid for a month or two extra because they didn't know how to cancel it....

This.

2 hours ago, Naked said:

God forbid making life easier on people and minimizing confusion by having an on-site cancel button for your subscription, amirite? 

I wasn't aware of this. I'm not familiar with the IPB platform, but all you would need access to is the subscription plan id to make a workaround.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/subscriptions/full-integration/plan-management/#activate-plan

It's been called for many times and hasn't happened which would lead us to believe it isn't as simple as we'd think and/or isn't a priority.

I honestly just value dev time higher than saving a couple of people 30 seconds. Just my opinion on your suggestion.