2 Day Temp Ban Experience (playing since 2004)

justin111111

Hi - I've been playing for a very long time and I just experienced something for the first time. I have a Zulrah goldfarmer and a main. I went to GE to x-fer the money and I picked the same world, but I was unable to see either account, in fact, there was no crossover in other players in GE. Even though it said we were both in 387 on both clients, it was as if we were in different worlds. I even pmed a friend to verify what world I was in on both accounts, yet we saw completely different players. I then thought, I bet this is a world where Jagex puts flagged bots. Then they can more easily monitor accounts if they put every single one in this fake proxy world. I was able to work around this by exiting both clients and restarting.

Within 24hours, my account was given a 2 day temp ban.

Thoughts?

52 minutes ago, Jackthedon said:

I've never experienced it personally other than during the bot busting streams, although that proves that it's definitely possible so we can't necessarily rule it out.

That being said, the fact that you could restart your client and then continue as normal does make it seem unlikely.

I tried multiple worlds and it wouldn't work so i just exited the client. Then I could log into the correct world. Maybe they can do instances with flagged accounts and the moment you close the client that is connected to their server, it will restart it to unflagged.

If the above is true, I wonder if closing the client and restarting with the same login information between every few breaks and all would ever affect ban rate. just a theory.

Edited by justin111111