Detecting mutes + lowering banrates on spam accounts

Hybris

Hey there,

I was wondering if there was any way to detect when an account is muted.

Secondly, I'm currently trying out a bit of text spamming with OSBot, but my accounts get fairly quickly banned. Some people told me their accounts survive at least 5 days before getting the ban/mute hammer (they're using runelite, which could be the difference but that'd suck) while mine get banned pretty often. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here?

The bots are:
- Taking 7 min breaks every 2h
- 7-day membershipped with mobile promo
- Just spamming, with mouse on screen in place (should I move mouse outside screen?)
- Not interacting with anything at all

Thanks in advance,
Hybris

7 hours ago, Hybris said:

Hey there,

I was wondering if there was any way to detect when an account is muted.

Secondly, I'm currently trying out a bit of text spamming with OSBot, but my accounts get fairly quickly banned. Some people told me their accounts survive at least 5 days before getting the ban/mute hammer (they're using runelite, which could be the difference but that'd suck) while mine get banned pretty often. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here?

The bots are:
- Taking 7 min breaks every 2h
- 7-day membershipped with mobile promo
- Just spamming, with mouse on screen in place (should I move mouse outside screen?)
- Not interacting with anything at all

Thanks in advance,
Hybris

You having it do the instant-message thing, or using getKeyboard().typeString() or w/e the method is called?

I think you'd have a higher ban rate from instant-messaging than if you used the latter.

Not sure you can detect mutes, but I may be wrong.

Edited by Medusaa

One way you could detect mutes is by scrapping it off your account's messages page on the official OSRS site. Not sure why you would want to go through all that horsepower to do that... but none-the-less it will work. For starters, something like Selenium would be an option. I will say I do not recommend checking it frequently... but maybe every few hours or so. All kinda depends how you would be running it as well. Okay well good luck! 

Any bot that is spamming will get reported tons of times, so that is definitely why you are getting banned. One thing I would suggest is avoiding botting during jagex working hours. I've had much fewer bans since I stopped botting from 8am to 8pm British time (including weekends). 

I do have a pretty creative idea for detecting a mute though. Let's say you have two bots spamming and their names are "a1" and "a2". You will need to make sure that they have each other added on friends list, then set your public chat to "Friends". Also, you will need to make sure that each account is saying something slightly different, for example a1 is saying "Trimming partyhats" and a2 is saying "Trimming p-hats". So, in this scenario, your chatbox will only contain the two different messages said by a1 and a2  and it will filter out everyone else's talking. You then can tell if one of your accounts have been muted because their specific message will no longer be appearing in your chatbox (however, the muted account will still be seeing his message appearing in the chatbox). 

So here is an example code (very simplified). You could make it so that when a1 no longer detects a2's message in it's chatbox (this means a2 is muted), a1 will logout.

if(!chatbox.contains(Chatbox.MessageType.PLAYER,"Trimming p-hats"))
         logoutTab.logOut();

Now a2 is still logged in & muted. But, if a2 has something like this in his script:

if(!chatbox.contains(Chatbox.MessageType.PLAYER,"Trimming partyhats"))
         logoutTab.logOut();

a2 will now logout too because a1 logged out and his message is no longer appearing. Therefore, they are acting as a check on each other

I know this was probably really confusing, but I hope it made some sense.

2 hours ago, DylanSRT said:

Any bot that is spamming will get reported tons of times, so that is definitely why you are getting banned. One thing I would suggest is avoiding botting during jagex working hours. I've had much fewer bans since I stopped botting from 8am to 8pm British time (including weekends). 

I do have a pretty creative idea for detecting a mute though. Let's say you have two bots spamming and their names are "a1" and "a2". You will need to make sure that they have each other added on friends list, then set your public chat to "Friends". Also, you will need to make sure that each account is saying something slightly different, for example a1 is saying "Trimming partyhats" and a2 is saying "Trimming p-hats". So, in this scenario, your chatbox will only contain the two different messages said by a1 and a2  and it will filter out everyone else's talking. You then can tell if one of your accounts have been muted because their specific message will no longer be appearing in your chatbox (however, the muted account will still be seeing his message appearing in the chatbox). 

So here is an example code (very simplified). You could make it so that when a1 no longer detects a2's message in it's chatbox (this means a2 is muted), a1 will logout.

logoutTab.logOut();

Now a2 is still logged in & muted. But, if a2 has something like this in his script:

logoutTab.logOut();

a2 will now logout too because a1 logged out and his message is no longer appearing. Therefore, they are acting as a check on each other

Can't the bot check his own messages?

> Spam "message"
> If chatbox does not contain "message" -> log out, else carry on with spamming

5 hours ago, Medusaa said:

You having it do the instant-message thing, or using getKeyboard().typeString() or w/e the method is called?

I think you'd have a higher ban rate from instant-messaging than if you used the latter.

Not sure you can detect mutes, but I may be wrong.

Ah right I forgot to mention this, yes I am using the keyboard.typeString() method :)

5 hours ago, DylanSRT said:

logoutTab.logOut();

logoutTab.logOut();

Yea this is what I thought of too, but in a little "easier" way (not sure if possible though) by just checking if the name of the other account still shows up in chatbox. This way I wouldn't need them to add eachother & nor would they have to spam different messages.