First ban with custom script - VPN to blame?

bumzag

Past few days I've been tinkering with a custom script I made to kill and loots cows. It's really simple, starts off by walking to the cow pen if it's not already there, then gets to work. Intermittently checking inventory if it's full, and if it is, it walks to Lumb bank and dumps.

I typically ran it over night from about midnight to 6am, and then use it throughout the day intermittently while testing the script (lots of free time at work). I added a few sleeps here an there so it's not insanely fast to loot and move on to the next target. My thought is that maybe a player reported me, but the Offence Evidence says "Jagex moderator comment".

I typically run OSBot on a PC running a VPN, usually with my geolocation set to Europe. The location changes every time the VPN starts, but I can set it to whatever I want. Is it possible the VPN contributed or do they not take IP into account? I used the VPN because I don't want my main to get banned.

My script is pretty basic, and I'm new to it so I feel like it's more than likely just a shitty script. I'm not butthurt about it at all, it was just a suicide bot to me. Just looking to be more efficient as I go.

1 minute ago, Night said:

Private scripts are not ban-proof, but the VPN probably isn't helping

Oh my script definitely isn't ban-proof, I made it mostly out of curiosity and to make some money for my main. It's still pretty buggy, lots of occasional erratic behavior that needs to be ironed out. Like it said, the bot was a suicide.

As for VPN, does Jagex ban IPs? Like I said, I used the VPN to protect my main incase the bot triggered an IP ban, because I don't want to run my main over a VPN.

Just now, bumzag said:

Oh my script definitely isn't ban-proof, I made it mostly out of curiosity and to make some money for my main. It's still pretty buggy, lots of occasional erratic behavior that needs to be ironed out. Like it said, the bot was a suicide.

As for VPN, does Jagex ban IPs? Like I said, I used the VPN to protect my main incase the bot triggered an IP ban, because I don't want to run my main over a VPN.

You're very unlikely for your main to receive a ban even if the bot is banned on the same IP, I'd ditch the VPN

31 minutes ago, bumzag said:

I'll trust you on that. Although what if I set the VPN location in the US and maintain that same location every time? Shouldn't be a red flag, right?

I did the exact same thing as you for a bit for easy money with fresh accounts.  Kill cows, loot hides, and bank all at Fally and the cow bin next to fally.  With it being F2P and a fresh account there is a chance you just got caught as new low level accounts like that are more likely to get banned.  When I was doing it, it was very hit or miss some accounts would last a week at 8 hours a day and have over 50attack/str just from killing cows, and other times the accounts would be banned next day.

All the accounts were going off of a US residential IP.  I think the biggest reasons most of those accounts got banned was for 1 they were obviously bot accounts, 2 player reports, 3 having multiple bots (2-3 at a time) on the same ip doing the exact same botting task.

7 minutes ago, Ragboys is back said:

Let me take a guess.

Botting caused the ban!!!

Can't tell if blatant sarcasm or too stupid to read my post. I knew I was going to get banned, I'm cool with it

3 minutes ago, Botthestrange said:

I did the exact same thing as you for a bit for easy money with fresh accounts.  Kill cows, loot hides, and bank all at Fally and the cow bin next to fally.  With it being F2P and a fresh account there is a chance you just got caught as new low level accounts like that are more likely to get banned.  When I was doing it, it was very hit or miss some accounts would last a week at 8 hours a day and have over 50attack/str just from killing cows, and other times the accounts would be banned next day.

All the accounts were going off of a US residential IP.  I think the biggest reasons most of those accounts got banned was for 1 they were obviously bot accounts, 2 player reports, 3 having multiple bots (2-3 at a time) on the same ip doing the exact same botting task.

Out of curiosity, how did you transfer the money off your bots? Find a secluded area and drop or trade from bot to mule, then mule to main?

1 minute ago, bumzag said:

Out of curiosity, how did you transfer the money off your bots? Find a secluded area and drop or trade from bot to mule, then mule to main?

I would get my 7qp on the bot, sell the hides then just trade the gold to a mule and then mule to main.  The mule I traded to was a lvl3 account that was 100% hand played.  That mule still has not been banned, could be luck though.

As for the bots, doing the 7qp right after I made the bot vs doing it when I was ready to do my first sell didnt seem to make a difference on the banrate so I started doing the 7qp when I was ready to sell some and would sell right after the 7qp were done.  The quests I was doing was cooks assist, sheep sheer, and R&J.