My results

Scott Burns

I'll do my best not to make this into a sob story lmao. I knew the risks, but am still disappointed like all the other guys in the same boat. Summary of this failure: 

Sunday morning start
Wednesday morning ban

• Entirely mirror mode
  • Did not bot tutorial island
  • Purchased membership and bond, manually stocked up on a heap of basics in the GE
  • Stealth quested, roughly following osrs wiki's optimal quest guide
  • Took random breaks or switched to Excellent Agility for a bit
  • Projects AIO Hunter, birds > butterflies > swamp lizards > Eagle's Peak > chins

Logged out for the last time at around 660 red chins, 67 or 68 hunter, 27ish quest points, 28 agility, 34 att 32 str, 12 def, 9 prayer, 15 mining. Low stats from quests, you get the idea.

Important to note that I was nearby and half-supervising by checking/interacting every few minutes, so no funny business with broken scripts made my character look suspicious. Also talked to nearby people and in clan chat, as I thought that would help.
    Did not do any massive sessions and actually spent far more time logged out than my main account that I was playing nearby legitimately.

Total damage: purchased 10 scripts I no longer have a glimmer of faith in, VIP, 1 month membs, and a bond. Anticipated much longer uptime. Not interested in investing in another account/membership.
    What I would do differently is get a private script from someone, as I've come to believe Jagex would have all of these scripts and know exactly what to look for.
    Fun little experiment while it lasted, and some valuable lessons learned.

• Boge 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Burns said:

I'll do my best not to make this into a sob story lmao. I knew the risks, but am still disappointed like all the other guys in the same boat. Summary of this failure: 

Sunday morning start
Wednesday morning ban

• Entirely mirror mode
  • Did not bot tutorial island
  • Purchased membership and bond, manually stocked up on a heap of basics in the GE
  • Stealth quested, roughly following osrs wiki's optimal quest guide
  • Took random breaks or switched to Excellent Agility for a bit
  • Projects AIO Hunter, birds > butterflies > swamp lizards > Eagle's Peak > chins

Logged out for the last time at around 660 red chins, 67 or 68 hunter, 27ish quest points, 28 agility, 34 att 32 str, 12 def, 9 prayer, 15 mining. Low stats from quests, you get the idea.

Important to note that I was nearby and half-supervising by checking/interacting every few minutes, so no funny business with broken scripts made my character look suspicious. Also talked to nearby people and in clan chat, as I thought that would help.
    Did not do any massive sessions and actually spent far more time logged out than my main account that I was playing nearby legitimately.

Total damage: purchased 10 scripts I no longer have a glimmer of faith in, VIP, 1 month membs, and a bond. Anticipated much longer uptime. Not interested in investing in another account/membership.
    What I would do differently is get a private script from someone, as I've come to believe Jagex would have all of these scripts and know exactly what to look for.
    Fun little experiment while it lasted, and some valuable lessons learned.

You could just be extremely unfortunate & have gotten detected. Smart botting helps with the probablity of not getting banned, it doesn't reduce it to 0 though. I've seen suicide accounts go a long time & I've seen accounts with 2h play time a day with premium scripts get banned within a couple of days. It happens, doesn't mean the script was bad or your method was wrong.

That being said, A private script should indeed be better :)

My guess is the agility. Agility has an extremely high ban rate and this may have got your account on the watch list, following your activities more closely, from there they probably noticed patterns. What time did you bot, was it during the Jagex working hours and did you play any of the account legit? Success is often found when the account is played without just botting.

Stealth Quester, Agility and Hunter are the 3 worst things to bot (With RC being somewhere in the mix). Legitimately the highest ban rates.

Currently have an account with 47M exp, of which about 45M of that is botted (Agility and Hunter i'v done legit + a few random others).

If you try again but don't bot those 3, you will have much more success. Goodluck!

Seems like Agility and RC are really high bans but Agility seems to be #1.  This is how I bot agilty without getting banned.

1: Dont use agility script

2: Get agility to 25 through quests

3: level agility through barbarian fishing 😉 

Edited by Botthestrange

39 minutes ago, Scott Burns said:

Did not exceed 8hr in a day, with lots of human interaction, and never for more than 3 hrs consecutive. Looking back, Hunter and Agility were stupid skills to pick

That's a lot. if you cutted it in half your account would have been fine. You can bot things for 8 to 12 hours a day but that's normally something like nightmare zone. Doing high banrate things like that should be done in a 4-6 hour bot day. Botting 6 hours a day normally made my accounts last 2 weeks. But 4 hours a day I can make a 2 day ban account last over 2 months easily. So you got banned because you were botting to many hours in each day. And it doesn't matter about how much you played legit. The hours should always be counted if you botted or plan on botting in that day. I have gotten several accounts to 60 agility in 2 weeks but I botted 1-2 hours of Agility then did a afkish task for another hour or 2. Or something like agility 1 hour then afk task break then repeat and finished for the day. Something I feel is also low ban rate enough to bot insane hours is High Alching. I have personally gone up to 8-12 hours in a day just high alching(One break was used of like an hour).

Edited by Gunman

9 hours ago, Scott Burns said:

Actually spent far more time logged out than my main account that I was playing nearby legitimately.

I hope this doesn’t mean you were multi logging by playing your main legit and botting hunter on your side account. Something I would never ever do, even if I was botting something afk like MLM or fishing I wouldn’t take the risk. I’ve done it in the past where I was doing hunter or another activity in the past whilst also playing my main legit and the account was banned the next day. If you’re going to bot don’t have anything to do with your main till you’ve finished whatever goal you’re attempting to bot to. If jagex wanted to be arse holes they could ban your main as well since you’re botting another account, what’s to say you haven’t done it on your main account. That’s the way they’ll look at it 

16 minutes ago, Space said:

I hope this doesn’t mean you were multi logging by playing your main legit and botting hunter on your side account. Something I would never ever do, even if I was botting something afk like MLM or fishing I wouldn’t take the risk. I’ve done it in the past where I was doing hunter or another activity in the past whilst also playing my main legit and the account was banned the next day. If you’re going to bot don’t have anything to do with your main till you’ve finished whatever goal you’re attempting to bot to. If jagex wanted to be arse holes they could ban your main as well since you’re botting another account, what’s to say you haven’t done it on your main account. That’s the way they’ll look at it 

Possible but unlikely. Who is to say that account isn't someone elses who isn't botting? Why should they get caught in the collision of there brother doing something wrong and get banned? Botting multiple accounts on the same ip mostly more than 2 can draw attention to the account and get it banned. I have botted a account with a 2 day ban on my home ip in mm for 2+ months now along side playing my main legit at the same time without issues and even in the past have botted 10 accounts at the same time and not have any issue with my main. Again, very possible the main can be banned but unlikely.

Edited by Gunman

How long ago was the account registered, and how soon did you bot on it after creating the account? Also did you bot on multiple accounts at once? From start to finish, do you reckon you made any mistakes in botting (even small mistakes)? Usually I backtrack and try to single out the root cause of a ban, but I haven't been banned in months ever since I went OCD-super careful about botting

16 hours ago, Space said:

I hope this doesn’t mean you were multi logging by playing your main legit and botting hunter on your side account. 

No way, I've heard the horror stories! I played main on PC, botted on laptop with separate internet connections and VPNs.

15 hours ago, Czar said:

How long ago was the account registered, and how soon did you bot on it after creating the account? Also did you bot on multiple accounts at once? From start to finish, do you reckon you made any mistakes in botting (even small mistakes)? Usually I backtrack and try to single out the root cause of a ban, but I haven't been banned in months ever since I went OCD-super careful about botting

Just the one account, which was about 13-15 years old, one of the ones I made as a kid. I botted maybe an hour after creation; I guess I was overconfident it would fly under the new account radar, and that babysitting would make me even more difficult to catch. Maybe if I avoided agility/quest/resource gathering scripts! As for the mistakes in botting, I'm not quite sure what to look for but nothing set off alarm bells. There was a guy at chinchompas who I said "Sup" to, and he said he was hopping world to world reporting bots. Might have been a little slow talking to him?

Do you know if you can get around early game flagging by purchasing a quested/levelled account? Or will Jagex pick up on the ownership change and flag the account for that?

In all honesty babysitting makes no difference at all. The only thing babysitting helps with is if the script fails, bugs out or anything like that. Because you’re interacting whilst botting as well, doesn’t make a difference IMO. If you think about it, if jagex can track certain things like mouse movement or clicks which has been debated over here for many months. If you’re talking whilst dropping a full inventory, it’s jot very likely that you can one handed type a full sentence whilst dropping an inventory. Little things like these are what I tend to avoid