Massive CPU after 2 days of use

Nor3g

So I just got my new server three days ago. When I fired it up the first time everything worked, opening new OSbot clients was no problem and one client barely even got up to 10% CPU usage on startup. (I use both taskmanager and CPUID to monitor). Now after running for two days suddenly it uses an enormous amount of CPU, like 27% on startup, and once it cools of the startup it goes to around 3-5% wich is an enormous amount compared to the 0.5-1% I was getting just two days earlier. I have logs that show the CPU temperatur and it never went above 66 celcius. Could I somehow have managed to fuck up my CPUs or is this related to the thursday hook changes I've heard so much about? Or is it something else entirely? I Don't want to reinstall everything just yet if it is something that is fixed with a hook change on OsBots side. Nothing has changed on the script side of things, nor have the server been updated with anything new. In any case this reduces the amounts of bots I'm able to run from 80 to 20 or something.

Edited by Nor3g

17 minutes ago, Nor3g said:

So I just got my new server three days ago. When I fired it up the first time everything worked, opening new OSbot clients was no problem and one client barely even got up to 10% CPU usage on startup. (I use both taskmanager and CPUID to monitor). Now after running for two days suddenly it uses an enormous amount of CPU, like 27% on startup, and once it cools of the startup it goes to around 3-5% wich is an enormous amount compared to the 0.5-1% I was getting just two days earlier. I have logs that show the CPU temperatur and it never went above 66 celcius. Could I somehow have managed to fuck up my CPUs or is this related to the thursday hook changes I've heard so much about? Or is it something else entirely? I Don't want to reinstall everything just yet if it is something that is fixed with a hook change on OsBots side. Nothing has changed on the script side of things, nor have the server been updated with anything new. In any case this reduces the amounts of bots I'm able to run from 80 to 20 or something.

I don't know what caused the problem but I found a fix: Uninstall Java, Restart computer, Install Java, Restart computer.

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

Just a short notice from me, probably not relevent to your case. I would try looking at bots itself instead of CPU usage :D Idk how it works but my CPU shows 100% usage at all times when I run 20 bots however it doesnt cause any problems until i run 30-40 bots and their start lagging misclicking and etc.

The bots weren't doing anything unusual, but it did lay claim to an absurd amount of CPU time. the solution above fixed it and this is what it looks like now at 25 bots running:

image.png.2cd3a4e86acdcfaa3d52c24e22e48566.png

I was kind of freaking out because I invested in this server to be able to run 80 bots and have it repay itself in a month or two, but the simplest solution is always the best, and it was just to reinstall java thoroughly. Hopefully this issue won't return or else I will have to investigate it further.

4 hours ago, Nor3g said:

The bots weren't doing anything unusual, but it did lay claim to an absurd amount of CPU time. the solution above fixed it and this is what it looks like now at 25 bots running:

I was kind of freaking out because I invested in this server to be able to run 80 bots and have it repay itself in a month or two, but the simplest solution is always the best, and it was just to reinstall java thoroughly. Hopefully this issue won't return or else I will have to investigate it further.

Good to hear the problem was fixed, eventually more people will fix the same problem too! Thanks for sharing

16 hours ago, Nor3g said:

What kind of server you are using?