Buying 300m PP Balance

dominations

54 minutes ago, Drewyboyo said:

off topic just asking bc i keep seeing it
( Is balance different from card/bank, as in it can't be reversed as easy or can't be chargebacked at all?)

I really believe it is, got scammed like that couple years ago.

It cost me 1.3K$ , never took paypal again and still I feel dumb at times.

Use a middleman!

1 hour ago, Drewyboyo said:

off topic just asking bc i keep seeing it
( Is balance different from card/bank, as in it can't be reversed as easy or can't be chargebacked at all?)

So when it come to PayPal, it can still be charged back if the owner of the PayPal account claims it was Hijacked and that someone else made the payment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 7:57 PM, Dbuffed said:

Whilst with PayPal, chat logs/screenshots/invoices/email receipts work a wonder, as for card/bank all you have to do is ring up and claim you didn't authorise the payment and they by law have to look into it and try resolve it for you.

For those interested:

A bank can look into it but it does not mean they are guaranteed to get the money back. For example:

If someone sent me £1,000 to my bank account in the UK. I can keep it until a formal request comes through. That £1,000 is now legally mine and cannot be taken out of my bank account. If the person who sent it to me wants the money back, they have to get my approval. If I do not give them my approval then the person who sent the money to me needs to try and get the money back through a solicitor/lawyer. 

It is illegal for a bank (in the UK) to take money out of your account at the request of someone else, even if they sent it. The main take away from this: Always use bank account transfers or a middleman over paypal!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 6:41 PM, Dbuffed said:

You should ask Nationwide about this then, they have closed a bank account based on the same information.

They hold the legal right to close an account, but they have to give reasonable notice, usually 30 days for you to find new banking arrangements. If they freeze it, it's likely because they believe something fraudulent is occurring. However they are still legally not allowed to remove funds from your personal account at the request of someone else, only you can give permission. If anything occurs outside of your permission you can take them to court and sue them for a good amount, they will also get fined by regulators. Speaking from experience, most people never give consent for a third party to take money from a personal account, whether the payment was sent intentionally or unintentionally.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 7:50 PM, Dbuffed said:

Partly sounds right, although I didn't really think too much into it.

I had a user send me UKBT and somehow he recovered it. There had been PayPal payments before that, which were fine and instead this one payment caused so many problems. They took the money he sent me + the same in fees to me, then froze my money until I mentioned going down other routes, had their fraud team talk to me on the phone and instructed them not to release my money in my accounts and to cut my card in front of me. 

If they have taken money out without your say so or at the request of the person who sent the money, and it didn't get resolved then consider getting a small claims court or solicitor involved. You can do it yourself by raising a complaint and then going to the financial ombudsmen, something banks tend to panic at. If they freeze your accounts then its likely to be down to fraud, the only reason behind that is the person who sent the money has said he didn't send it, but they would have to investigate it first before doing anything. Seems fishy and sound like you can get some decent money from the bank.