What can save the economy of OSRS

ChinaNumbaWon

Don't think there's any saving osrs anymore.

I used to manually gold farm on 5 accounts for like 400-600m 07gp per month for literally 2-3 hours of work a day. All that money I would spend on myself and my girlfriend. Restaurants, beer money, technology, etc. 

The problem is we now have hundreds, if not thousands of people that are now simply using osrs as their livelihood. That means billions upon billions of 07gp being sold, to probably less than 1000 people that actually want to purchase 07gp. 

With all due respect to anyone who farms the game for money, I hope massive bot farms, massive emblem farms, anything that has gone WAAAAY too far in regards to gold farming gets busted and destroyed.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:44 PM, Duvy said:

RS3 Is fucked for good, but can OSRS be saved?

gold prices are crashing faster than ever. The duel arena money sink seemed to have no effect at all.

According to my current numbers my farm is profitable (as in actually generating a decent income, the break even is even lower) down to around 0.11-0.12 USD per million gp, depending on GE prices. So I will probably shut down my farm when prices reach that level. In any case, the OSRS economy is a race to the bottom, and will continue to be so until they remove the alch spells, if they ever do that.

Edited by Nor3g

There is an easy fix. Do a complete fresh start. Under certain circumstances a full fresh wipe with everyone restarting from scratch is a good idea. And if the economy gets too bad then it would be the thing to do. But before that they need to see what was causing the issue in the first place slow it down a shit ton if they can't completely get rid of the issue.

11 minutes ago, Gunman said:

There is an easy fix. Do a complete fresh start. Under certain circumstances a full fresh wipe with everyone restarting from scratch is a good idea. And if the economy gets too bad then it would be the thing to do. But before that they need to see what was causing the issue in the first place slow it down a shit ton if they can't completely get rid of the issue.

this would make thousands quit most likely and would be counter productive

17 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Thousands quiting is better than the game getting shutting down. And honestly I would actually love to play the game again in a fresh start like that. The experience would be amazing.

A "Hardcore" Version of OSRS/RS3 where everything is slowed down, and alching and other mass gp influxes are removed would be pretty cool. Although I'm not into OSRS for entertainment any longer, I could see the appeal of something like that.

15 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Thousands quiting is better than the game getting shutting down. And honestly I would actually love to play the game again in a fresh start like that. The experience would be amazing.

restarting(thousands quitting) could be the very cause of a shut down. This idea could be considered worse than when they removed the wilderness. There isn't any plausible fix to the rs economy without causing a major backlash on the player base which will cost jagex a shit ton of money and it could be more profitable for them just to let the game die out then keep the game alive with less people playing on it.

12 minutes ago, Easy Money said:

restarting(thousands quitting) could be the very cause of a shut down. This idea could be considered worse than when they removed the wilderness. There isn't any plausible fix to the rs economy without causing a major backlash on the player base which will cost jagex a shit ton of money and it could be more profitable for them just to let the game die out then keep the game alive with less people playing on it.

Fresh starts also will brings players in/back as well don't forget. If they also advertise a new working anti gold farming system that would also help keeping and bringing players back. Now don't get me wrong if they just all the sudden tweeted "In 6 hours we are completely wiping the servers and starting over fresh." Then I can 100% understand players quiting but they won't do that. You would give players a heavy heads notice like 6 months to a year. Would go something like on the 1st of 2020 we are wiping the servers for a fresh start of the economy to fix the gold inflation system. And then they need to find a way to go along with this so the inflation will either be incredibly slowed down or next to completely gone which in my opinion would be impossible. If they don't then the same thing would happen again more than likely.