Can't use CLI with a username with spaces in it

Xlash

Hi,

I can't log in using the CLI because the client doesn't accept a username with spaces in it. I have tried enclosing it in double quotes, escaping it etc. Nothing is working.

I am paying 7 dollars a month to be able to bot efficiently and have not gotten an answer about my name change in almost 3 weeks (name change thread).

Could someone please assist me?

Try surround the entire username:password part with quotations, not just the username. Just a hunch, wasnt able to find anything to help you out.

Is your account old? I think just about all accounts have emails for usernames now

Or are you talking about osbot username, which I think the first thing I mentioned might cover as well

Edited by Tom

Yes I mean OSBot username. I have tried every variation of quoting and escaping and it still crashes.

I'm getting "IllegalArgumentException" which is probably to say that it can't handle special characters correctly.

Edit: This is on Windows, on MacOS it goes through and gets to the login screen correctly.

Edited by Sebastian Danilsons

48 minutes ago, Sebastian Danilsons said:

Hi,

I can't log in using the CLI because the client doesn't accept a username with spaces in it. I have tried enclosing it in double quotes, escaping it etc. Nothing is working.

I am paying 7 dollars a month to be able to bot efficiently and have not gotten an answer about my name change in almost 3 weeks (name change thread).

Could someone please assist me?

Does replacing spaces with underscores _ work?

@Sebastian Danilsons I assume you got this name as your profile name because it was set with the sign up when you straight away bought VIP

@Maldesto That problem should really be fixed. When you signup and buy VIP straight away, the form asks for your name. Then your name is set as your username. That came unexpected to me and I assume to sebastian 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Bobbey said:

@Sebastian Danilsons I assume you got this name as your profile name because it was set with the sign up when you straight away bought VIP

@Maldesto That problem should really be fixed. When you signup and buy VIP straight away, the form asks for your name. Then your name is set as your username. That came unexpected to me and I assume to sebastian 

Welcome to IPB, if there is a fix, I don't know and can't find out how. Anyone that registers and needs a name change can always pm us. It is only when you buy vip/sponsor from the registration.