Extra Quester ~ Open Source Quest Automation

ExtraBotz

zkLNldq.png

Looking to automate your RuneScape questing experience?

Extra Quester is a questing bot created to automate the mundane questing tasks. Don't have time to complete quests on your bot? Now all you need to do is select your quests and press start!

Why should I use Extra Quester?

Extra Quester was designed to be free and open source for everyone to use. That means you pay nothing and get the full experience!

Have feedback or a suggestion?

Leave all feedback and suggestions on this thread! Have a specific quest you want to see? Let me know! You can also add me on discord to get in touch: Brandon#9592.

Quests Completed (4) (COMPLETED - NEEDS WORK - NOT STARTED)

Spoiler

Free Quests

Black Knight’s Fortress
Cook’s Assistant

• Starts quest
  • Collects all ingredients
  • Completes quest

The Corsair Curse
Demon Slayer
Doric’s Quest
Dragon Slayer
Ernest The Chicken
Globin Diplomacy
Imp Catcher
The Knight’s Sword
Misthalin Mystery
Pirate’s Treasure

Prince Ali’s Rescue (Requires 100gp)

• Starts quest
  • Collects all ingredients (During the collection stage if the bot is restarted it will go back to the Varrock East bank)
  • Avoids guards if health is 5 or below. Walks to safe zone until health is 10 or higher. (Guards max hit is 3 so running away at 5 hp risks death for new accounts)
  • Locks the door in attempts to keep the guards outside
  • Will hop worlds if Lady Keli is accidentally locked outside
  • Completes Quest

The Restless Ghost
Romeo and Juliet
Rune Mysteries
Sheep Shearer
Shield of Arrav
Vampire Slayer

Witch’s Potion (Requires 10gp)

• Starts quest
  • Collects all ingredients (Issues if the player has insufficient funds. Possible death and lost of items for fresh accounts with no weapons/armor.)
  • Completes quests

X Marks The Spot

• Starts quest
  • Collects shovel (or purchases) and digs at all spots
  • Completes quest

Known Issues

Spoiler
  • Script will fail if the player does not have enough money to buy the necessary items in the shops (it's suggested to start the bot with at least 25 gp)
  • Script will continue to run after an account has been locked
  • Player may die if low level or cannot defend themselves in combat

Screenshots

Spoiler

Outputs all actions to console

console.png

Choose your own quest order. Quests can be added in any order.

empty.png

The quests will be completed in the order they're added. Remove a quest by selecting it and selecting "remove quest".

full.png

Supports: Dialogue handling, item collecting, and shop purchasing.

Chat.png

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler

Are there any anti ban patterns?

I did not add any of my own anti-ban patterns but I incorporated what I could from the OSBot API. Before a script is released I run it on multiple different throw-away accounts to ensure their integrity. If these accounts do not get banned it's even less likely an aged account will be caught.

Will I be banned using this script?

Any time you bot you pose the risk of being banned. With that being said, these bots are tested repeatedly for noticeable patterns or bans.

How long can I run this script?

The script will run until all quests on the list are completed.

The script keeps getting stuck?

Unfortunately I may have made a mistake! If you find there are any errors with the script please screenshot them and post them here or report them on the BitBucket page! If you don't report your issues they may never come to my attention.

Can I run the quests in any order?

Extra Quester was designed to let you choose the order in which quests are executed. No more "random" decisions, you're in complete control now! Quests are ran in the order they are added to the list.

Can I copy your source code?

Yes you can! Extra Quester is open source so anyone can look at and copy the source. I'm not too fussy about credit as long as you're learning and not blatantly copying and pasting!

Can I contribute to the project?

Get in touch with me and I'm sure we can work something out! I'd love help on this project and would highly appreciate a more experienced programmer reviewing my code.

Future Changes

Spoiler
  • Following D.R.Y principles
  • Cleaner questing interface
  • Automatic updates
  • Configurable options
  • Full banking support
  • Script failure support
  • Database to keep track of script statistics
  • Add a GUI
  • Looking for accounts to test quests with higher level requirements
  • More quests

Credits

Spoiler
  • @Explv - Big thank you for the map tool and various snippets found throughout the forum. His introduction tutorial was also a great starting point.
  • @thatguycalledrob - Released a similar open source questing plugin a couple years ago that motivated me to try and create a better one.

Download and Source

Download on BitBucket

Source on BitBucket

Edited by ExtraBotz
Added new quest
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Czar said:

Excellent job, it's nice to see open source around here, takes a lot to publish code for free. I can provide some quest data open source too, hopefully the script will progress further.

Good luck on scripting :D

Thank you! I would appreciate that as I have to obtain most the data myself. Do you mind if I add you on Discord for when I have some questions?

19 minutes ago, Imthabawse said:

This looks very naise. Cool release and good job! 😎

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Now Featuring Prince Ali Rescue (Extra Quester 0.2)

image.png

The quest requires 100gp and will collect all the items and mine the necessary ores. To avoid unwanted leveling start the quest with the items already in your inventory. The script will avoid the guards in the jail area and run to a safe zone when the players health reaches 5 or below. The player will also lock themselves in the jail to avoid the guards. If Lady Keli cannot be found in the jail the player will hop worlds.

Please report any issues with this quest in this thread or on the bitbucket.

The future of this project:

I am hoping to go through the entire project and refactor any coding mistakes I may have made. I've learned more about the OS Bot API and some of the things I did in the first few quests could have been done better.

I also want to add a death handler that will pick up all items and continue the quest upon death.

Edited by ExtraBotz

• 2 months later...

Prince Ali rescue ran great! Came across two bugs. When first talking to Lady Keli, she got outside of the house and it was stuck on a loop trying to world hop. Next issue came when trying to get the guard drunk. The bot let a guard inside by not closing the door right, and kept trying to talk to the guard while constantly being attacked. If I wasn't watching I would have died. Other than that, great work! I honestly may use your script to add a few quests of my own.

Thank you

• 2 months later...

Hi @ExtraBotz,

Running script for the first time, doing them all.

Cooks Assistant went flawless!
Went to do Witch's Potions, it walked from Lumbridge past the guards at the Draynor Village they attacked me (I'm level 3 obviously)
Also had NPC 'Attack' Options on hidden, therefor it couldn't attack the little rat.
It went to fight the big rat, but was low HP so it ran to the witches house, without regenerating it went back. (Next time I'll bring gear, didn't even knew you had to kill something, my bad)

I happend to have a Yellow Dye in my bank, yet it took an onion. Which is not needed :)
Also picked up a Bronze Pickaxe from Barabian Village while I had one in the bank.
A tip to pass guards is to attack a goblin than run in, close the door.

The Prince Ali commit is there, just not build though.

Edited by Failure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...