Script Development Setup

Token

2 minutes ago, Cyber_Hawk said:

I have jdk 11, does it have to be a jdk 8 or can I also use the jdk 11?

Also when I want to download the jdk 8 it asks me to login on the Oracle page.

Yeah it has to be 8 and they changed it like a year or 2 ago where you now need to sign up a business or some stupid crap. Check your pms.

• Like 1

I have a question for this 

4.1. Press CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + S (or File -> Project Structure...) and go to Modules, open the Dependencies tab and click the + button and select "Library..." and "Java"
it left me hanging though cuz i dont really know what to do there next.
The next step just move right away to ARTIFACTS. Please help

Edited by Lestify

• 3 weeks later...

To get around the Java 8 login follow this:

"If you want to download any JRE or JDK without signing into Oracle, go to the downloads page for the version you want (such as https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/jdk12-downloads.html) and right-click on the Download link of your choice. Select "Copy Link Location" and then paste it into a text editor like Notepad. You'll see the link points to something like oracle.com/webapps/redirect/signon, but it has a query attached that starts with "nexturl=". The URL that follows nexturl= is the actual link that will download the file to your computer."

Edited by Deity
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any Idea how long it takes to get GIT access? Posted my application nearly a week ago. Also I set up everything like he did here and can't find the script I made in OSBot when I refresh after doing the build>build project. I have made multiple scripts in Eclipse and feel confident working on that IDE but was told Intellij was a bit better but seems so much more confusing to switch to.

Edited by Otterblast

• 1 month later...

Edit- Got help from someone on discord. For any nubs with a similar issue, I forgot to make public class ExampleScript extend Script. Mods can delete if needed.

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help. I'm trying to set up for development. Having issues. Override is getting red underlines. I'm a eh programmer and havent used java in a while but I'm noticing the top import is grey in that its not being used, also the method names are grey. Idk if this is actually related to the problem or not tho. I tried to follow the guide, and test code is from the skeleton tutorial in another thread. Thanks for any help.

pics2.png

Edited by Hernandez2000

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2020 at 3:02 AM, Hernandez2000 said:

Edit- Got help from someone on discord. For any nubs with a similar issue, I forgot to make public class ExampleScript extend Script. Mods can delete if needed.

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help. I'm trying to set up for development. Having issues. Override is getting red underlines. I'm a eh programmer and havent used java in a while but I'm noticing the top import is grey in that its not being used, also the method names are grey. Idk if this is actually related to the problem or not tho. I tried to follow the guide, and test code is from the skeleton tutorial in another thread. Thanks for any help.

pics2.png

Your class needs to extend Script.

public class ExampleScript extends Script {

}

• Like 1

• Token featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new and stuck on this part:

5.5. Open the OSBot client and refresh the script list, the "Example Script" should appear on the list

The script builds just fine, the problem is that it does not appear on the list of scripts in my OSBot client. I have the feeling that I'm outputting it into the wrong directory. I setup OSB on Ubuntu Linux, and it wasn't installed like most programs, I merely ran the jar file through the terminal. Can someone help me determine the proper directory to put the script into? Also, if there's a "proper" way to run OSB on Ubuntu, I'd be glad to see it. The program is running fine, I'm just not able to get the Example script to appear within it.

Edited by mossubu
delete accidental paste