Game of Thrones

Maldesto

Do you watch Game of Thrones?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch Game of Thrones?

• Administrator

Hey OSBot, Do you guys watch Game of Thrones? I am considering to start this weekend with my wife. We have never watched and think we might give it a shot. How many episodes will it take before I get hooked? I heard the first episodes aren't great and may turn it off before realizing how good it is.

Game of thrones is good if you don’t mind long term watches like Netflix series.

I personally enjoyed it and the last series which is on atm was fucking amazing.

P.S are you busy? 

I would 100% recommend getting started. You really appreciate it seasons 3-6 but the first few seasons are slow as they set the scene (which is very important). I think season 7-8 have sloppier writing due to the books not being released but are still good. I would deffo recommend watching especially if you aren't going to get deep into the lore/books like I do and then get slightly disappointed as the TV show moves away from the books.

The only problem I ever had with GoT was some episodes were "slow" and that's only because I had to wait one week for it and then another week for another episode. You've got everything already laid out for you and don't have to wait for it and can just binge the shit outta it. It get better the more you watch, should definitely be hooked by the time you've watched the first season (10ish episodes). 

Game of thrones is a really good show, the only bad part for me was the first episode, too dark, boring, dragged out. Took me a few attempts to watch it back then.

Aside from that the entire show has been super addictive and every person irl that I recommended it to has loved it. It can go over the top with fantasy but it is entertaining. I am usually the guy that hates magic, dragons, zombies and shit but it is really fun ^^ :D 

i started to watch it about 2 years after it was out, downloaded all S1 and 2 and watched all 20 in less than a day, started S1 and ended up watching it all in a night then got some sleep and watched S2 .

id say it seemed to have gone down hill a bit this year, slow starts with fights that are not as good as the hype and that were more off a mess full off holes that get you thinking "why did they do that". never had it with the other one's but this years i do but that my be cos the people making dont have a well made book to go off this time and they have a lot to rap up but no clue on how to do it.

Edited by manko