How long do you think OSRS will last

Elixar

My guess is 2025, The graphics will have to evolve as the new generation just wont be able to cope with the eyesore. ( No I'm not pointing towards rs3 that's aids).

If you've been around since 2007-2014 you are desensitized.

Can you really see yourself playing The original age of empires or rollercoaster Tycoon? Not with those graphics.. WOW looks trash and it used to be our biggest enemy now it's dead.

I only see it surviving if it evolves into VR:boge:

2 minutes ago, StickTalk said:

BTW I still play the original rollercoaster tycoon and ages of empire both are still awesome. Just wish AOE still have a good online multiplayer presence and id play even more. 

Yo mate, you play on voobly? :D 

Regarding the topic, I would think it could be around 2025. The thing is that these old games are played mostly by people who played them then they were child and now are 20+ and still playing, but i dont think that people play that much when they are 35+ so when this generation stops playing it would finito :) 

7 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

Yo mate, you play on voobly? :D 

Regarding the topic, I would think it could be around 2025. The thing is that these old games are played mostly by people who played them then they were child and now are 20+ and still playing, but i dont think that people play that much when they are 35+ so when this generation stops playing it would finito :) 

But havnt you all tried to quit? Not going to lie I cant believe I'm still playing this game, I dont think I can stop.

Now I'm not grinding 8+ hours a day and some months I dont even play but I dont think I'll stop being involved until it shuts down.

It does feel like with the release of mobile we may have actually gotten a large amount of the current teenagers so now they are locked in. The game has enough content so if it just stays fresh it can go forever.:gnome:

For someone who is now one of the older members of the community, I cant see it stopping anytime soon but time will tell.

I went from playing Warcraft 3, Counter-Strike 1.6 and such ages 12-14+ all the way to World of Warcraft and through the whole 2002 Runescape to now. 

I remember when you would trade in varrock west and falador garden, when you would stand between the castle and west bank at that wall if you had a partyhat and they were 40-80M and very rare to see still. I remember when whips got first released, and everyone wanted dragon chain bodies as they became so cool to see and wear. 

I even remember people trying to trim armour like they do now, you would see places like alkerid mines packed with players fighting for ore and such too. 

At the moment, the direction of OSRS is to keep it in that graphics type (you have the higher detail version too if you go into your options), and they are just focusing on updating the game with new content not new graphics.

If we wanted to play RS3 we would, or at least move to other games if not.