Exco Clue Solver

Night

*** THIS POST IS A WORK IN PROGRESS: I had a ton typed out and lost it when the forum timed me out. I will continue to edit. ***

Thank you for the trial :) I've noted a few things that are stopping me from purchasing this out-right; shared below (running in Mirror Mode). I purchased a similar script back in the day and made TONS of gold off of it; I could walk away from my computer for hours and let it rip. I don't think I can do that with this script: it requires babysitting. I would happily pay for the script AND a subscription fee if it ran like it used to.

1. If you don't start with gold in your inventory, the script withdraws ALL your gold.

2. Sometimes the script doesn't recognize that you already have a clue in your inventory. Two instances:

- I had a clue in my inventory the very first time I started the script. It went straight to HAMs and started to pickpocket. I had to drop that clue.

- Had to stop the script, with a clue in my inventory, because it was just standing there in Varrock for about five minutes. When I restarted the script, it read the clue; did the action; read the new clue; teleported to Lumbridge and went back to the HAMs. I had to drop that clue.

3. "Search a bookcase in the Wizard's Tower" .. script kept searching the wrong bookcase and wouldn't move to another. I had to pause and do it manually.

4. For some reason it dropped "Search the drawers in Falador's chain mail shop" as unsolveable.

5. If you have 20 Thieving and get dropped to 19, the script will continue to try and pickpocket the HAMs.

6. The script clicks the HAMs like mad when stunned.

7. "Search the chest in the Duke of Lumbridge's bedroom" .. script tries to open the wrong chest, repeatedly getting the message "You don't have the key to open this chest." Why? Because the script went to the bedroom NEXT to the Duke's bedroom. Watched this happen twice.

8. Recommend the script NOT drop coin pouches with the rest of the pickpocketed inventory; instead, open them, like a player would.

9. "Speak to Hans to solve the clue" .. just stands there .. prefetching path failed.

RECOMMENDATIONS for OTHER USERS

1. Start with the following in your inventory: gold, food, teletabs (V, F, L, C), spade

2. Have at minimum 21 Thieving.

3. Have the minimum skill level requirements to avoid having your clues dropped:

Skill level Details
Cooking 20 Required to cook a pike.
Fishing 25 Required to catch a raw pike.
Mining 15 Required to mine an iron ore.
Smithing 15 Required to smith an iron dagger.
Crafting 18 Required to craft leather chaps.

5 Attack (to equip steel mace)

20 Range (to equip coif)

20 Defense (to equip studded leather chaps)

Edited by barbsmith
  • Like 1

• Developer
On 7/29/2020 at 1:57 AM, Planet said:

Does this recognize STASH units? Also, is there a way to default to last selected options? Kind of a pain to keep selecting same options every time start the script

Sadly not, retrieving the stash information isn't possible without running rs scripts; a feature osbot doesn't have.