Switching proxy through code

hejimon24a

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether you could implement proxy switching via a script, as I don't believe OSBot supports it, however there could potentially be a work around without loading a new client, one of those would be to set the proxy to your outgoing connections as a whole ( or specifying runescape worlds/servers ), similar to a VPN or Proxifier, but that would mean everything including other potential clients you may be running would be using the same proxy ( if that's a issue ). This would work as I know runescape doesn't need to be reloaded in order to be communicating over a new proxy tunnel ( atleast for osrs - RS3 this doesn't work, as it expires your session ).

42 minutes ago, SyntaxRS said:

I'm not sure whether you could implement proxy switching via a script, as I don't believe OSBot supports it, however there could potentially be a work around without loading a new client, one of those would be to set the proxy to your outgoing connections as a whole ( or specifying runescape worlds/servers ), similar to a VPN or Proxifier, but that would mean everything including other potential clients you may be running would be using the same proxy ( if that's a issue ). This would work as I know runescape doesn't need to be reloaded in order to be communicating over a new proxy tunnel ( atleast for osrs - RS3 this doesn't work, as it expires your session ).

Thanks for thinking along! I would need it to be JVM specific tho since I will be running multiple clients at once. However, am I correct in thinking that when a connection drops and reconnects (rotating proxy), you would not be disconnected and kicked to the login screen?

5 minutes ago, Zummy said:

Thanks for thinking along! I would need it to be JVM specific tho since I will be running multiple clients at once. However, am I correct in thinking that when a connection drops and reconnects (rotating proxy), you would not be disconnected and kicked to the login screen?

Does each individual client need a unique proxy? & In regards to connection dropping & returning you to login screen, I believe it depends on time spent reestablishing a connection, but I'm 99% sure it will return you to the lobby screen if not the login screen, however if your script is written efficiently then it would be capable of handling disconnects and resuming set task.

14 hours ago, Zummy said:

Yes, I would like the clients to all have unique IP's. My scripts can handle logging in and various connection issues, however I'm worried that disconnects might be a problem during combat related tasks.

Well overall bots shouldn't use rotating proxies, I mean the ideal case would be dedicated, but in regards to assigning each bot a proxy programmatically there's many routes you could take, however it would require a time consuming approach, not just a simple written handler since osbot doesn't support it.. and you don't wish to reload the client. I'm not 100% sure but I think one of the simplistic approaches would be to create a third party application that assigns a new proxy for each port on connection loss or a provided rotation time. Because I believe you can assign osbots client to different ports, so if you start for example 10 clients using CLI, you could then assign each client to a different port - ie ( 5001,5002,5003,5004...) and then assign each of those ports a different proxy using the third party application.